Career Pivots & Side Hustles - How to Create the Life You Want
Ever spend the day staring at your computer screen dreaming of ... really, anything else?
You want to make a change, but actually taking the plunge - either by asking for a flexible schedule, giving your side hustle more attention, or venturing into a completely new industry - can feel like far too big a risk.
The very real and very scary question of "What if it doesn't work out?" is enough to stop many people before they start.
This month we bring you three AMAZING speakers who've been through it all to give you that much-needed push and weigh in with actionable advice on how to figure out what you actually want to do and how to make it happen.
- Daron K. Roberts, Founding Director, UT Center for Sports Leadership & Innovation (CSLi)
- Ashley Jennings, Program Manager, UT Herb Kelleher Center for Entrepreneurship, Growth, and Renewal
- Steve Oliverez, Founder/CEO, InsanelyCheapFlights & Expert Investor
- Moderator: Nick Black, Co-Founder, Team Austin & Founder/CMO, MassConvert
We will discuss:
- How and when to make a career pivot
- How to manage the risk associated with career changes
- The misalignment in higher education
- Tools/Assessments you can use to jumpstart your future
- Testing the waters before making a career move
- What to do if your pivot doesn't work out
- When to double down on your side hustle