The Dog Days of DevOps
August. Summer's gotten long. The kids aren't back to school yet. People are taking vacations. It's hot. Tech meetups lag.
We have the antidote for these summer doldrums! CloudAustin's Twelve Clouds of Christmas and Dog Days of DevOps are our semiannual festive events.
We'll have a dozen (or more) 5 minute lightning demos/talks delivered by all of you! Email ([masked]) or comment below with your name and the talk's title and 1-sentence blurb to get on the list. Any cloudy, devopsey, containery, high-tech-y talk or demo is welcome.
Other user groups are invited to join us, just email us or comment below and tell us you're in, then advertise the meeting on your own meetup or whatever.
Sponsors are welcome! At 12 Clouds we have a food sponsor, treat sponsor, one or more booze sponsors, and people who have drawings for door prizes. So encourage your organization to sponsor and get goodwill from a big bunch of the best techies in the ATX.
Name, talk title, and blurb, 5 minutes max! Anything you know, someone else doesn't and is interested in. Sign up in the comments below with name and talk title and one-sentence blurb.
1. Drew Bixby: The Dow Jones Index for Cloud Providers. A brief walk through the (free) LIFTR Index tracking the top 4 cloud providers leveraging 26 cloud metrics.
2. Jeff Carapetyan: api building is a people problem. A description of our process to build an api around our private cloud storage, and finding most challenges we're a people problem. End result, we saved big.
3. Philip Walenta: "The intent in user stories": Better communication means better products with fewer issues. I will be giving an example of how an ambiguous user story created more work than was needed.
4. Karthik Gaekwad: "Coolest new cloudnative security ideas and tools"
5. Harris Thayer: "MLFlow- Machine Learning in the Cloud"
6. Jeffery Palermo- “Applying 4+1 architecture to your CD pipeline”
7. Gregory Godreau: Automated iOS device provisioning in your mobile dev pipeline wit fastlane
8. Howard: "Monitoring Apps in the serverless world using Wavefront"
9. Zachary Gilkerson "Modern Tupperware Parties - Containers and Local Development"
10. Tom George "Containerizing your development environment for fun and profit"
11. Paul Czarkowski (via recorded video) "Devops is Dead, Servers are Dying, and I don't feel so great myself."
Because this is a large, festive event, we have room for multiple sponsors. If you have an idea of something else to sponsor tell us! Dinner, dessert, booze, and door prizes are all good.