As a Consultant, you will work under a Solutions Architect and assist in the configuration and deployment of solutions utilizing the Atlassian product suite:
- Design, develop, and modify product add-ons and plug-ins based on functional and system requirements
- Engage in and lead client requirements gathering, process analysis, deployment, and user acceptance testing
- Provide documented guidance and recommendations in timely fashion
- Deploy and manage complex Atlassian and ancillary product implementations onto staging and production environments
- Assist in and lead the configuration and testing of product implementations
- Work independently on small to medium projects and assignments
- Communicate openly with Solutions Architect on progress and status, escalating issues and blockers in a timely manner to prevent or mitigate fall out
- Some travel necessary to assist remote clients; most work completed remotely
- Qualified applicants must be located in Austin, TX.
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or equivalent
- Two to three years experience with software development, technology management and delivery, and/or IT operations
- An strong understanding of relational databases (MySQL, Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Working knowledge of software version control systems such as Git, Subversion, and/or Mercurial
- Strong knowledge in Agile Development Principles and Team Software Development
- Strong knowledge in test case development and test management
- Familiarity with ITSM best practices such as ITIL for operational procedures such as incident and change management
- Linux OS Administration experience is required
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to a set of core values and beliefs during good times and bad, acts in line with those values. Practice what you preach.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted and is viewed as direct and truthful.
- Problem Solving – Solves difficult problems logically and with effective solutions.
- Self-Development – Is personally committed and actively works to continuously improve himself/herself.
- Humor – Has a positive and constructive sense of humor, is appropriately funny and can use humor to ease tension.
- Discretion - Has the ability to respect sensitive information.
- Intellectual Drive – Bright and intelligent, deals with concepts and complexity with ease.
- Composure – Remains cool under pressure, does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals and steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Fast Learner – Learns skills quickly with facing new problems, a relentless and versatile learner, open to change, and analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish.
- Creative – Finds solutions and new and unique ideas, easily makes connections and tends to be seen as value-adding in brainstorming sessions.
- Proactive – Thinks ahead and prevents potential issues and problems.
Read Full Job Description