The Moderator will monitor user activity in Compass (internal application) and act on items flagged by users. They will:
- Review and act on flagged posts, comments, and files in Comp.
- Remove flags directly in the community once actions are taken.
- Apply judgment and moderation policy to any material observed first-hand in Compass.
- Delete inappropriate posts, comments, messages, and files.
The Moderator will also help drive the success of a community by:
- Sharing relevant and useful information in community posts (e.g., how to use Compass, pointing to info the user was not able to find)
- Encouraging members to post and comment on each other’s posts
- Setting an example by their regular, helpful activity in the community
- Keeping discussions focused, spam-free, and non-controversial
- Managing banned users
- Moving Compass content, according to community guidelines and with redirect placeholders, if it has been put in the wrong category (e.g., comments on formatting in a document could be left where they are, but questions about content that spawn debate could be moved to the Discussion forums)
- Redirecting out-of-community (e.g., email, Harbor) conversations to Compass when it could benefit other community members
- Establishing the community as a reliable source of information and a forum for transparent discussions
- Working in conjunction with Category Experts (SMEs) who may also have moderator privileges for content in specific Compass areas
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (technical degree or masters degree a plus)
- Strong customer facing skills (executive presence, writing skills, phone skills). Demonstrates a highly professional demeanor
- Strong consulting skills. Ability to gather and analyze information and produce strategic insights into clients’ organizational and technical challenges
- Ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience. Ability to foster credibility with a technical audience
- Ability to set and communicate expectations; skill in mediating and resolving problems
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize and process a number of tasks concurrently
- Ability to build lasting relationships based on trust
- Takes ownership of customer issues and drives to resolution
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, creative, customer-centric personality
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.