Copywriter, Sales Enablement
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2018, is looking for a Copywriter to help our merchants and partners make informed decisions about ecommerce solutions with a focus on sales-based collateral. This role will play a critical role in the success of our Marketing and Sales teams. This highly creative and driven individual must be extremely collaborative and flexible to meet the demands of an ever-changing environment. This position will work with the VP of Product Marketing and other team members to produce original content for multiple channels.
What You’ll Do
- Develop copy for externally facing assets that are in the BigCommerce brand voice and tone.
- Work with Product Marketing Managers to develop compelling, ownable messaging for the platform and features.
- Develop content for use by both the midmarket and small business sales teams both internally and externally.
- Provide subject matter expertise and input into sales support and demand generation actions including email, website, digital marketing, and PR to align strategy and execution; identify opportunities to share campaigns and assets across various market segments and channels as appropriate.
- Partner with the Sales teams to define the Sales Enablement content and tools necessary to improve conversion and grow revenue.
- Partner with Product Marketing and Communication to create customer evidence identifying new wins, references and case studies opportunities.
- Define sales enablement KPIs, develop measurement and reports on performance.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, English or related field
- 3–5 years of professional writing experience, preferably in an agency or ecommerce and/or SaaS startup environment
- Experience writing copy for an enterprise audience a strong plus
- Proficiency in Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Drive) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Master Communicator - Superior written and verbal communication skills, including knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar, are a must. You must be a creative writer with high standards, attention to detail and the ability to write about a wide variety of topics.
- Listener - You practice attentive and active listening, can accurately restate the opinions of others even when you disagree, and have the patience to hear people out.
- Creative - You come up with a lot of new and unique ideas, easily make connections among previously unrelated notions, and tend to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Collaborative - You have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such across Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Sales.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Comfortable Around Higher Management - You deal comfortably with all levels of leadership, including executives, can present without undue tension and nervousness, and can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Driven - You have the ability to manage projects on time with minimal assistance in an ever-changing environment, steadfastly push yourself, and are committed and driven to achieve both Department and Company goals.
- Time Manager - You value time and use it effectively and efficiently, concentrate your efforts on the most important priorities, and can attend to a broad range of activities.
- Prioritizer - You can quickly zero in on the critically important items, put the trivial aside, and can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal.
- Problem Solver - You have great critical thinking skills and are an expert at finding the information necessary to complete a piece. You can see hidden problems, probe sources for answers, are excellent at honest analysis, look beyond the obvious, and don’t stop at the first answer.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for service and satisfaction, are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, gets first-hand information and use it for improvements in products and services, act with customers in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.