Digital Content Strategist
We are Duo, and we’re here to democratize security for everyone. Our mission is to protect the mission of our customers like Facebook, Twitter, Kayak and Etsy by making security simple.
We’re a diverse crew of makers and builders, skaters and coders, filmmakers and DJs, teachers and students brought together by a shared belief in adding value to the world. This diversity allows us to bring an empathetic approach to solve some of the most complex global business and security challenges faced today.
We’re seeking a Digital Content Strategist to drive our marketing, product marketing and brand copy efforts. The ideal candidate is a skilled writer, with technical and marketing writing experience, who loves developing engaging content. You should have an insatiable curiosity about technology, and can see yourself demystifying everything associated with online security.
You should also have a knack for how information hierarchy and structure can help communicate and educate, specifically in the digital realm. Perhaps you’ve been a copywriter at an agency, a marketing communications manager or a UX designer with a literature degree? In any case, you know how to get into the mind of customers, empathize with their needs, research the answers to their burning questions, and present/layout information in an intelligent and logical form, while also infusing the copy with compelling wit and irreverence. Easy right?
You will work with various internal departments and leaders to develop an overall content strategy, including identification of target audiences; articulation of the customer buying process (who’s involved, what role do they play, what do they care about); and translation of gathered internal intelligence into effective, audience-specific messaging. You’ll also conduct interview sessions, develop strategy, deliver recommendations and execute those recommendations.
Additional responsibilities include editing, proofreading and fact-checking content for print and electronic content for pieces used by Marketing, Product Marketing and Sales – those include e-communications, product content, infographics, video scripts, webinar presentations, ads and/or other content that showcases our industry- and segment-specific expertise and promotes our products and services. You’ll provide oversight and contribution of content development for new website pages and redesigns of sections of website, and you’ll also contribute to the Duo brand book.
- Owner of marketing and product marketing copy on Duo.com
- Coordinate with subject matter experts from Product Marketing and across the organization to develop persuasive and informative product copy
- Keep inventory of web content and understand where to update copy globally
- Work with our web development and design teams to on the creation and redesign of sections of Duo.com, providing information hierarchy and communication purpose, A/B test messaging, as well as blog post editing and structure
- Lead the content strategy, editing and production of new product/feature launches, including editing sales collateral - data sheets, white papers, case studies, web updates and newsletters
- Infuse Duo’s brand personality and voice & tone across all communications, internally and externally, and cultivate brand and voice adherence with many other departments
- 5-7 years of copywriting experience, especifically in the tech B2B industry (ideally with SaaS vendors)
- Written portfolio pieces that showcase your ability to interpret technical concepts into easy-to-understand marketing copy
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or journalism, with a focus on advertising or marketing
- Preferably have worked w/a Product Marketing team before
- Previous experience working with a CMS, web development teams, HTML/Markdown
- Previous experience designing information architecture for a medium-to-large website; examples preferred
- The ability to say more with less words - less fluff, more information!
- Proficient editing (AP Style), writing and collaborative skills
- An understanding of the tech/B2B/SaaS industry, products and marketplace
- The ability to learn new concepts quickly, ask questions and have the initiative to get what you need to get the job done
- An eye and passion for high-quality, impactful copy
This place is for you If...
- You're comfortable writing copy for a wide variety of audiences, from extremely technical to extremely layman.
- You don’t prefer silo'd, independent work - this job requires cross-departmental teamwork + some degree of wrangling.
- You’re comfortable working at an extremely fast pace, with tight turnaround times and on-the-fly prioritization - this job requires a ‘make it work’ type of attitude.