Director of Content and Licensing, CHIVE TV
Chive Media Group is looking for a Director of Programming and Licensing for CHIVE TV. This is a new position and much needed as CHIVE TV continues its hockey stick growth. This role will own every single second of CHIVE TV programming as well as a new channel we're launching called Happy TV. Candidates must live in Austin, TX and have experience working with video and an amazing eye for great content.
This is also a management role, so you must have experience managing people. The role also entails working with 3rd party content providers and constantly negotiating deals. Must be able to handle yourself on the phone and in person -we need a deal-making machine. This is a high paced, high-pressure job so no wet noodles need apply.
- Own 100% of CHIVE TV's content and programming.
- Own all 3rd party licensing relationships and contracts (renegotiate as needed).
- Responsible for keeping each new hour of content under budget each week.
- Responsible for finding cool new videos and negotiating barter deals or one-off paid deals.
- Responsible for all advertising pods and CMG house ads.
- Co-own the Digital Signage Manager templates with production and product teams.
- Own CHIVE TV usage analytics.
- Oversee CMG's user-generated videos and re-licensing efforts.
- Manage two video editors with more to come.
- A business acumen with a strategic ability.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong understanding of our content.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary.
- Profit sharing.
- 401(k) with a company match plan (after 6 months with the company).
- Open vacation policy.
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance plans.