Director of Licensing & Programming - Atmosphere
Atmosphere, the parent company and portal for flagship channel CHIVE TV among 8 other ambient TV channels, is looking for a Director of Programming and Licensing. This is a new position that is currently being managed by the CEO. This role will oversee all of Atmosphere’s programming across all channels. Candidates must live in Austin, TX and have experience working with video and have a great eye for great content.
This is also a heavy management role, so you must have experience with managing creative people. The role also entails working with 3rd party content creators and providers and constantly negotiating licensing deals. Must be able to handle yourself on the phone, email and in person.
This role is basically the steward of all Atmosphere content, which is a big F’ing deal.
- Manage Atmosphere's 10 person content team.
- Oversee the programming of each channel with team lead and CEO.
- Manage and maintain all 3rd party licensing relationships and contracts.
- Manage the content spend budget on a weekly basis.
- Assist in finding amazing new videos and negotiating barter deals or one-off paid deals. (get your hands dirty –probably the most fun part of the job)
- Responsible for overseeing all paid advertising and house ads. All content on the screen is under your purview.
- Co-manage the Digital Signage Manager templates with production and product teams.
- Oversee Atmosphere usage analytics.
- Oversee user-generated videos.
- Reports to the CEO.
- A business acumen with a strategic ability.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Strong passion for Atmosphere’s content.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary is competitive in the Director level range.
- Discretionary employee option pool participation.
- Company 401(k) match.
- Open vacation policy.
- Dog friendly.
- Lunch 3 times a week at HQ.
- Dynamic office environment.
- Competitive insurance plans.
- So much more!