What You'll Do
- Your writing means business.
- You create communications to inform and improve user experiences, but more importantly to persuade and elicit specific actions. Your approach is rooted in bottom-line thinking and support arguments. You value achieving business objectives over accruing portfolio pieces.
- You iterate quickly and respect deadlines.
- When it's time to get locked in, you know how to move fast while still being meticulous and conscientious in your work. You know a first draft is never a final draft, so you work through multiple rounds efficiently -- thinking all the way through the experience, developing a solid foundation, tinkering, collecting feedback, and refining. You do what it takes to keep projects on track while keeping messaging on target.
- You dig deep and you go broad.
- Exploration is inherent in your process. You devour research to become a subject matter guide, then you come up with a range of concepts for even a single support message. You think through all the strengths and weaknesses of a communication strategy and have thoughtful answers to every question. There's a strong rationale behind every recommendation you make because you understand the context in detail. Even when you think you have the solution right away, you try to prove yourself wrong.
- You fight the good fight, and you fight fair.
- Selling your work and ideas is one of your most impressive skills. You defend your decisions and advocate for what you think is right for the business objectives and audience needs, using logic and evidence rather than opinion or emotion to make your case. You do this all with a collaborative spirit that puts the good of the team ahead of your own ego -- listening closely to other viewpoints and sincerely considering all feedback, then picking your battles wisely and employing storytelling techniques to win people over.
- Your copywriting gets attention and elicits action.
- Compelling, memorable content writing is your superpower. You bridge the gap between what a brand wants to say and what the audience wants to hear. You're skilled at translating features into benefits, crafting messages with emotional resonance, and figuring out how to make them stick. Your copy stands out without being sensationalist, clearly communicates the key points, and drives toward the desired result with an irresistible CTA -- all while maintaining the brand voice.
- You know the medium matters.
- When you write content, you think about how it will be consumed. You understand how desktop vs. mobile, print vs. digital, and push vs. pull affects the way people read and retain information. You're skilled at telling the same story across multiple channels in a way that's integrated yet optimized for every touchpoint.
What You'll Need
- 5-8 years of copywriting experience in a creative agency or comparable in-house agency with a portfolio showcasing relevant experience writing for brand systems and branded executions (web, social, product, performance)
- Experience with B2B and B2C
- Strong conceptual skills and big-picture thinkingExperience across all mediums: scripts, digital-first campaigns, blogs & website copy, A/B testing, product UX copy and user flow, SEO, CRM, and social
- A highly collaborative working style
- A broad understanding of using different mediums/channels to get your message across.
- You're skilled at telling the same story across multiple channels in a way that's integrated, yet optimized for every touchpoint
- A shown ability to collaboratively develop and apply a well-defined brand voice