We’re looking for a Documentation Manager to develop and grow our team of technical writers responsible for all user-facing documentation on our company’s support site. End-user documentation includes user guides, tutorials, FAQs, learning paths, interactive workflows, training scripts, and more. In this role, you’ll also manage aspects of our cloud-based CMS including templates, style guides, content reuse, and asset libraries, as well as user and group access permissions.
As a Documentation Manager, you’ll collaborate and manage feedback loops with external clients and key Procore stakeholders from our Customer Success, Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Localization team, ensuring documentation is delivered consistently, technically accurate, and easy to digest. Procore is a very fast-paced, agile environment that requires flexibility, humility, grit, and a team-first mentality.
This position is based in our Austin, TX or Carpinteria, CA office. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and develop a team of technical writers potentially dispersed across multiple offices
- Manage and prioritize current and future documentation projects for local and remote Documentation team members
- Conduct analysis on site and support ticketing data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Serve as the primary editor for all technical documentation
- Keep all style guides and templates up-to-date; enforce consistency of writing standards
- Maintain our internal JIRA documentation ticketing system to ensure that tickets are resolved in a timely manner and that customer feedback loops are closed
- Define writing projects and set OKRs
- Innovate solutions to improve existing processes and deliverables
- Adapt rapidly to a changing industry with the ability to adjust responsibilities, time, and objectives accordingly
- Regular communication and synchronization with the Director of Documentation and Certification
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Writing, Journalism, or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in a technical communication role with 5 years+ of experience in a people management role
- Previous experience working in an agile programming environment for a B2B SaaS company is a plus
- Experience using structured authoring design principles (e.g. DITA)
- Extensive knowledge of using a cloud-based CMS such as Mindtouch for managing a large knowledge base of content
- Strong understanding of information architecture and content management strategies and techniques
- Experience creating infographics to more clearly communicate workflow processes and abstract topics is a plus
- Strong work ethic with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong grammar and proofreading skills with exceptional attention to detail
- strong intellectual curiosity
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.