Manager, Technical Content Strategy
SailPoint is looking for a self-starting, detail-oriented, experienced Documentation Manager/Technical Writer to join and lead the documentation team for our SaaS IGA offering IdentityNow. Initially the responsibilities will be split 50:50 between manager, lead writer and digging in and writing product documentation for our SaaS initiatives.
The SaaS documentation team works with product management, R&D, UI, UX, DevOps, QA, marketing, and services teams in a dynamic, continuous delivery deployment environment.
Documentation deliverables generated by the team include end user docs, IT administrator docs, API docs, blog posts, in-app messages, useful UX labels, and email templates. Most documentation assets are delivered in a KB-style community platform.
- Build, grow and manage a team of new and experienced technical writers
- Work closely with other tech writers and project managers on scope, sizing, and priority of tasks to ensure timely delivery of all documentation products
- Build a documentation request and processing pipeline that is easy to adopt, and scales as needed to meet the business needs. It is important that this pipeline is continuously prioritizing the requests to ensure value not just effort
- Actively participate in the creation, maintenance, and testing of documentation
- Meet the dynamic timelines of product documentation written for a continuous delivery deployment method
- Collaborate closely with other writers and other departments to edit shared content and integrate new content into shared assets
- Work with PM and beta customers on beta documentation and related enablement content
- 7+ years of professional writing experience
- 1+ years documentation management\lead technical writer experience
- Experience delivering documentation for a SaaS product offering that releases at least 10 times a week
- Experience training and mentoring new technical writers
- Experience writing content for both end users and IT administrators, database administrators, or similar technical audiences
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proven ability to research and experiment with unfamiliar subject matter
- Ability to work in a team and co-author with multiple organizational departments in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Experience with continuous delivery
- Enterprise or B2B product familiarity
- Identity management experience
- HTML coding, IT, or programming experience
- Significant professional writing experience on a SaaS product
- API documentation experience
- Familiarity with content design, content strategy, SEO, or information science
- Experience with Khoros (Lithium/Spredfast) community software or equivalent
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.