Product Content Manager
Position at HotSchedules
Well-known across the globe for bringing the restaurant, retail and hospitality industries to the Cloud with our pioneering web & mobile products, superior customer service – and the people who make this happen.
Our Values: Because they are important to us!
Hospitality - We go beyond the expected to provide unparalleled experiences and help our customers do the same.
Empathy - We started in a restaurant. Service of others—both externally and internally—is in our blood
Community - We believe in the power of the communities we create and serve, our community of team members and in giving back to the communities we live in.
Fun – We move fast, have fun and love what we do all while honoring work-life balance. We are intelligent risk-takers, never allowing blind enthusiasm to overtake reason.
Accountability - We do what we say we’re going to do. If something happens to prevent that, we determine the new course and communicate quickly.
Responsibility as a Product Content Manager
You will own the creation and management of all product documentation that helps drive training and adoption of our Back Office products for our Enterprise Services Team, as well as the artifacts that are provided to our customers during deployment and UAT.
After you've mastered the creation of product assets, we expect innovation and expansion - your ability to execute to a given plan is just as important to us as the new ideas you can bring to the table.
This position is in our Product department’s Organizational Change Management team. The OCM is central to our products' cross-team success, has high-level visibility across the organization, and has a reputation for getting things done.
What makes you a good fit for this position?
- You’ve run a restaurant. You know intimately all the minute to minute, day to day, month to month demands placed on a restaurant manager and all the unexpected bits in between.
- You are a natural teacher. You understand how to address different learning paths.
- You know restaurant management software including financial, labor, inventory, ordering, and recipes.
- You have strong written and verbal communication and organization skills.
- You have a sense of pride on being responsible and credible: you are the person who always takes notes, never misses a deadline, catches key details others miss, and seeks out answers to open questions
- You are naturally curious and interested in how things work
Recap of What You’ll Do:
- Create and manage Customer Test Scripts, Demo videos, and User-Guides for our Clarifi Back Office products intended to ensure successful service engagement and customer adoption.
- Your customers will be our services teams, customers, and prospective customers
- You will tightly collaborate within the product team with Content Managers (owners of release notes and core product documents), Product Managers, and User Experience Designers
- Perform product demos of new features/functionality for internal stakeholders.
- Perform user-acceptance testing functionality from a restaurant manager’s perspective prior to full release.
- Manage the successful completion of internal content creation projects.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Better than average work ethic - going above and beyond is just something you do.
- Problem-solving skills and a desire to dig deeper. If something seems off, you investigate; if you uncover a problem, you're there to help solve it.
- Being inventive and independent. You can work with minimum supervision - if something is stopping progress, you come up with creative solutions to unblock it (but also know when to ask for help)
- Experience crafting thorough documentation and/or training materials
- Experience with restaurant operations software is highly desirable
HotSchedules provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HotSchedules complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.