Senior Technical Writer - Faith
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
About the role:
Blackbaud is searching for a Technical Writer to join our Strategic Content Development team in our Austin, TX office located at The Domain. Our company is the leading provider of software and services powering the Social Good community.
As a Technical Writer, you should have a passion for creating user assistance that helps our customers further their missions. Our Technical Writers develop user interface text, videos, in-product help, web-based help, web sites, blog and social media posts, and other deliverables that support our products.
You will be a member of a cross-functional, high performing team consisting of Software Engineers, User Experience Designers, Product Managers, and Program Managers. Additionally, Technical Writers interact with a wide variety of other stakeholders within the division and company. This position reports to the Strategic Content Development Team Manager.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with internal and remote teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Create and maintain the information architecture.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online/embedded help and other required deliverables.
- Create videos to introduce users to and help users work in a variety of applications.
- Work on multiple projects with concurrent and shifting deadlines.
- Research and learn new technologies as required by the products you document and the tools and methodologies used to create user assistance content.
- Contribute to the Products division by offering feedback on product prototypes, developed code, and general user perspective captured through writing assistance content and learning about the software we create.
What we'll want you to have:
- Bachelors Degree and/or proven working experience (1+ years) in technical writing of software documentation
- Strong writing abilities, editing skills, and attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic work ethic, passion for technology, and the discipline to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to quickly master new processes and technical concepts is a must.
- Experience with technical writing tools such as Adobe CS, MadCap Flare, Adobe FrameMaker
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text, pictures, and videos
- Experience with HTML, Agile Software Development, topic-based authoring environment preferred
- Knowledge of Screencasts, videos, and Online presentation techniques is a plus
- Communicating with external audiences through platforms such as discussion forums, blogs, and social media
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, where we encourage open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.