Senior Technical Writer
What you’ll be called: Senior Technical Writer
Where will you work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named a Happiest Company to Work for in 2019; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and featured on the Training Magazine Training 125 list seven times, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where transforming the real estate industry through technology is our primary goal.
KW Technology is the foremost provider of real-estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services and training in the industry. Our Product and Engineering Teams convert agent and consumer challenges into intuitive, insight-enhanced technology and consumer experiences leveraging machine learning, cloud technology and the latest open source tools.
What you’ll do:
You will work cross-functionally with product managers, project managers and technical teams to create and organize internal technical information for developer processes, product features and new technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a documentation methodology and information architecture.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Design and organize documentation sets for new APIs, developer products, onboarding, technical support and user guides.
- Quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, English or a technology-related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 6 or more years of experience writing documentation for developers and other forms of technical content for software applications.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with developer-focused platforms, frameworks and tools.
- Experience writing a broad set of documents from programming guides, onboarding documentation, API reference information to user guidebooks and product narratives.
- Experience writing for a diverse, cross-functional audience of internal and external users.
- Experience using project/issue tracking systems, preferably Jira.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe and is number one in units and volume in the United States. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on an agent-centric, technology-driven and education-based culture that rewards agents as stakeholders. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, TX. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.