Sr. Curriculum Developer
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
CrowdStrike seeks experienced curriculum developers who want to help our clients learn how to protect their organizations against the most advanced attackers in the world. Our CrowdStrike Services training and education team needs you to help carry the lessons of the field to thousands of on-line and in-person students in a scaled learning environment.
To get an idea of the kind of material you’ll be helping develop, look at our postings for Consultant careers. Those postings – as well as the nightly news – should give you an idea of the advanced material that we call “just another Friday afternoon.” You’ll be taking that experience and distilling it so our students can learn from us, rather than learning from being attacked themselves.
Am I a Curriculum Development Candidate?
- Can you break down complicated topics and figure out how best to help people learn them, constructing a coherent learning story?
- Are you great at creating slides and written material?
- Have you created course material in the past that was easily delivered in person, online, and pre-recorded? Did you use a Learning Management System to deliver the courses, as well as a classroom?
- Have you produced recorded material yourself, assembling the visual and narrative elements, creating video, audio and visual learning aids?
- Do you have experience in intelligence operations and a desire to expand the set of those who can run an intel group?
- Can you tell a story with a point, using the elements of the story to cement the knowledge?
- Create, extend, enhance, revise and maintain course material on incident response, forensic analysis, intelligence operations and other information security topics.
- Work effectively at a distance: interact and integrate with coworkers from Sydney to London (though most of us are in the U.S.); use and manage distance learning technology effectively.
- Create material for delivery via a learning management system (a computer-based training site).
- Serve as a subject matter expert to trainers and professional services consultants, helping create and refine course material for custom delivery that can then be used for repeat delivery to other clients.
- Manage course metadata and material in the learning management system, helping the operations group deliver efficient service and good margins to the P&L.
- Produce high-quality written reports, presentations and course material that need minimal editing before being loaded into the LMS for delivery.
- If you live near one of our professional services offices, work a portion of your time in those offices working with the rest of your team.
Successful candidates will have experience in one or more of the following areas. You should have some background in education, but you don’t need a Ed.D. If you’ve taught formally or informally before, think about how that experience could extend to this position.
- Education: experience creating material on technical topics for a wide variety of audiences, from desktop support technicians to C-level executives.
- Incident Response: experience conducting or managing incident response investigations for organizations, investigating targeted threats such as the Advanced Persistent Threat, Organized Crime, and Hacktivists.
- Intelligence: experience conducting cyber threat analysis of targeted threat actors, using an established analytic model to produce FINTEL and/or technical output.
- Computer Forensic Analysis: a background using a variety of forensic analysis tools in incident response investigations to determine the extent and scope of compromise.
- Network Forensic Analysis: strong knowledge of network protocols, network analysis tools, and ability to perform analysis of associated network logs.
- Reverse Engineering: ability to perform static and dynamic malware analysis and familiar with tools such as IDA Pro and OllyDbg.
- Incident Remediation: strong understanding of targeted attacks and able to create customized tactical and strategic remediation plans for compromised organizations.
- Network Operations and Architecture/Engineering: strong understanding of secure network architecture and experience performing network operations.
- Programming/Scripting: experience coding in C, C#, VB, Python, Perl, Ruby on Rails, and/or .NET. Strong text editor preference a must.
Additionally, all candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Strong, clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of completing tasks on time without supervision.
- Desire to grow and expand both technical and soft skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to foster a positive work environment and attitude.
- Ability to travel with advance notice, up to 10% of the time.
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Education, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Information Security, Information Assurance, Information Security Management, Intelligence Studies, Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Policy, or a related field. Relevant equivalent pedagogical, industry or military experience is equally valuable.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.