SailPoint is seeking a technical writer to join our team to help solve the complex problems of identity governance faced by our global customers. As writers at SailPoint, we have a simple goal: Make sure the right users get the information they need when they need it. Whether that information is in the product UI, a traditional product doc, or an online offering, the ideal candidate will focus on identifying gaps in customer understanding and then execute to close those gaps.
Members of our team enjoy a collaborative work environment within a Scrum team, delivering features and improvements of real value to real customers. We’ve been the leader in the Identity Management space for years and consistently appear in the magic quadrant for our industry. Our culture values empowerment, individual contribution, and high standards of quality and usability.
- Investigating product functionality through testing and experimentation to understand and document new product features/enhancements
- Extracting technical knowledge from subject matter experts and converting to technical-user and end-user consumable content
- Actively participating in the production of new documentation and review/update of existing documentation in preparation for releases
- Collaborating with other technical writers and cross-functional team members within the business to identify and resolve content gaps
- Publishing and curating whitepapers and online content created by you, other technical writers, and/or training and professional services personnel
- Working with the project managers on scope, sizing, and status of tasks to ensure timely delivery of all documentation products
- Ability to grasp and assimilate complex technical concepts and translate into clear and easy-to-understand documentation and manuals
- Ability to work in a team or with multiple organizational departments in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Experience with application development including using source management tools
- Excellent English-language communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proficiency in FrameMaker, Khoros, Microsoft Word, and HTML a plus
- One to six years’ experience planning and writing technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in English, technical writing or related field
Location: Austin, TX
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.