About Main Street Hub:
Main Street Hub is the voice of more local businesses than any other company. Utilizing its proprietary technology, the company offers a unique “do-it-for-you” marketing platform that integrates social media, customer reviews, web, and email marketing to help local businesses get more customers and keep them coming back, while saving them valuable time. Their team of dedicated, bright, positive people from all backgrounds is on a mission to create thriving local economies and help merchants and customers discover community.
Backed by leading investors, Main Street Hub was founded in 2010 and has grown to a team of over 700 colleagues with offices in both Austin, Texas and New York. Main Street Hub provides an essential service for local businesses and has been named one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine, the fastest growing startup in Austin by the Austin Business Journal, and a Top Workplace by the Austin American-Statesman. Main Street Hub currently has more than 10,000 local business customers and has published more than 8 million messages across the web.
For more information on our culture, check out https://blog.mainstreethub.com/why-our-values-matter.
About Main Street Hub Engineering:
The Engineering team is on a mission to build the absolute best software in the local space. We use our data and technology to effectively create and manage local business owners’ digital assets at scale. While our customers are hard at work realizing their passion and dream, our software delivers to them -
- A compelling digital experience that matches the authenticity and spirit of that local business to their consumers. We can help the consumers to find their next favorite local joint, or love their current one even more.
- Data driven insights about their consumers and their business - insights they can use to compete with the giants and thrive.
- A content platform that empowers our content managers to create engaging content while having fun using the tools.
In addition to all top notch engineering talents we already have on the team, we also have the best partner in crime - a killer Product and Design team!!!
What you'll do:
- Design and build machine learning models that help local businesses engage with their customers on social media
- Partner with sales, product, finance, and operations teams to identify, prioritize, and answer the most important questions where analytics and modeling will have a material impact
- Drive cross functional analytics projects from beginning to end - from framing and structuring questions, to collecting and analyzing data, and presenting key insights to support decision making
- Collaborate with decision makers to develop products, strategies, and processes to produce repeatable analysis and actionable insights into customer behavior, operational efficiency, and risk
- Communicate key results to leadership in verbal, visual, and written media
Why is it awesome?
- Your work is meaningful: helping local business owners and creating a thriving local economy == helping to make someone’s American dream come true
- Your work brings the voice of local business owners to life through data
- You will have a huge personal impact on the engineering team, Main Street Hub business, and most importantly, our service to local business owners
- You will be surrounded by top talents - we constantly raise the bar and all get better along the way.
What it takes to be successful:
- Enthusiasm for local businesses and a fit with Main Street Hub values
- Resourceful in distilling questions, wrangling data, and driving decisions
- Uncanny ability to identify unreasonable results and a well-tuned sense of skepticism
- Great attention to detail, because details matter (if you apply, include the word “purple” somewhere in your resume or cover letter)
- Embrace and thrive in high paced, lean startup cultures – we insist on saying NO to big corporate mentality
- Personal ambition - embrace challenges, energized by more more more, inspired by learning and growing
- An advanced degree (M.S. PhD), preferably in Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or a related technical field
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics, optimization, or related field
- Mission-driven, values-based culture.
- Competitive pay, unlimited commissions, residuals, and eligibility for stock options.
- 15 days of paid time off, plus company holidays.
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision option.
- Paid parental leave.
- Fun, casual, urban office environment.
- Brand new office in the heart of downtown Austin.
- Professional development and experience, including opportunities to grow your career, working for one of most ambitious companies in Austin.