Advanced Data Insights Analyst, Customer Marketing Analytics
The HomeAway Analytics and Data Insights team is looking for a technically skilled analyst to join our team. This position will be responsible for supporting the global marketing teams. S/he will continue to raise the bar for the analytics function and utilize different methods of data mining and analysis to develop insights that can materially improve our marketing investment decisions. This role may support numerous marketing pillars: email and CRM, brand, integrated marketing campaigns or supply-focused local campaigns.
This role requires an individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities and a deep knowledge of performance marketing and data engineering. The successful candidate will be a key partner to the marketing team, and will use his or her outstanding business acumen to align on priorities and consult on key decisions.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities Include:
- Develop new and innovative analyses to inform roadmaps as well as marketing efficiency decisions
- Partner with Marketing Managers and other internal teams to address complex business questions and provide insightful analysis through strong storytelling capabilities to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Turn data-based observations and insights into hypotheses, through analyses and data mining
- Define and monitor search and display KPIs on a daily basis to quickly identify areas of concern, propose analyses and/or take corrective actions
- Proactively engage with internal stakeholders: Performance and Growth Marketing, Retail, Local Marketing Teams, Information Systems, Data Science to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities in a matrix environment
- Be a HomeAway Marketing data guru – the point of contact for all data questions and insights on Growth Marketing
- Identify and scope new A/B/multivariate testing opportunities based on both internal and external data to improve test instrumentation, data infrastructure and monitoring
- Partner with the Technology and Engineering groups to ensure continuous improvement of data collection and underlying data systems
- Present findings and visualize data to a wide range of stakeholders
- Respond to ad hoc analytical questions from key partners re: marketing effectiveness
Who You Are:
- Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or Econometrics)
- Passion for number crunching and logical problem solving
- Ability to structure/work on data exploratory problems, with innovative approach and creative solutions
- A/B testing experience and/or statistical methodology application
- Consistent ability to produce quality, accurate, and highly detailed evidence-based stories
- SQL: expert-level required
- Tableau: expert-level required
- R or Python or Scala: preferred
- Clickstream data exposure, preferably with experience in extracting from BigQuery and Google Analytics
- Preferred: Work experience in marketing analytics
- Big Data Stack (Hive, Hadoop, Spark) preferred
- Office suite (PowerPoint, Outlook): intermediate-level required
- Business Modeling (Excel): beginner-level required
- Knowledge of marketing metrics, attribution models, and advanced experimentation
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Background in consulting or relevant area – travel, real estate, e-commerce - preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.