ABOUT THIS JOB
Bright Health is working to build a comprehensive, scalable data platform that can accelerate our data driven approach to delivering the best healthcare in conjunction with the best Care Partners. This role will span the full life cycle of Data Warehousing -- from requirements gathering through production deployment, from ETL, data modeling, and data cleansing.
Are you a team player who is not afraid to ask questions, take risks, share in owning the team victories as well as failures? Are you eager to seek out and apply new technologies and skills for ETL improvement in daily work? If so, this may be the job for you!
- Design and develop or modify ETL processes that load data for the data warehouse using ETL tools (SSIS) and SQL packages.
- Maintain existing ETL, SQL procedures, packages, and scripts
- Provide ETL performance tuning
- Design data warehouse schema and star schema data models
- Assist with the creation of reusable components as they relate to the ETL framework
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of Healthcare data experience is a must
- 3+ years of BI Experience, using Tableau is a must.
- Extensive experience developing data-intensive solutions against an RDBMS, such as SQL Server, Postgres or Oracle. Highly skilled writing SQL queries, DML and DDL, CDC/change tracking patterns, indexes and performance tuning.
- Enterprise experience with data movement and management in the Cloud utilizing some combination of Azure and/or AWS features.
- 5+ years of experience in advanced Microsoft SQL Server.
- 2+ years of experience with ETL tools in a Data Warehouse environment.
- Proficiency with ETL tools such as SSIS.
- Understanding of Star schema database modeling. (OLTP & OLAP experience)
- Can translate business needs into technical and system design specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience. Computer Science or similar preferred
- MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE US WITHOUT VISA SPONSORSHIP
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Bright Health is tripling its footprint in 2019 to offer a variety of health insurance plans to more individuals. Bright Health operates health insurance offerings across Individual and Family Plan segments and the Medicare Advantage space in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Tennessee.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.