RetailMeNot is looking for a full-time Business Analyst to join us at our office headquarters, located in the heart of beautiful downtown Austin, TX.
Our Business Operation Planning and Analytics (Biz Ops) team is built from authorities in statistical analysis and data lifecycle. Come be a part of our team and uncover understandings from rich and powerful big-data. You will work with cross-functional teams to develop critical metrics and rich data visualizations, handle analytical projects and provide ad-hoc reporting - all while being mentored by a team of great technical talent. You will unearth trends and shifts in user behavior with our rich internal data and disseminate these trends within the company and beyond.
We take pride in our fast-paced and fun environment in which we constantly learn from each other to develop our skills. We believe in working hard, working smart and making an impact.
Who You Are:
- You have at minimum 1 year of relevant experience in a data science, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable analytics role
- You have a bachelor’s in math, statistics, computer science, engineering or equivalent field. Master’s preferred.
- You have experience in data mining structured and unstructured data (SQL, ETL, data warehouse, RDS, RedShift, Oracle, etc.) in a business environment with large-scale, complex data sets.
- You have the ability to dive deep on data analysis or technical issues to identify effective solutions.
- You have knowledge of SQL to write complete, optimized queries across large volumes of data
- You have demonstrated ability to frame complex analytical problems, pull data and extract insights that led to tangible results (revenue, seller launches, new product features, etc.).
- You are comfortable speaking, writing, and presenting, as well as the ability to evangelize your findings. Summarize key insights for technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have experience communicating with business partners as well as with colleagues from computer science, analytics, and business backgrounds.
- Real passion for solving complex technical problems at scale
- High standards in everything you do and a high attention to detail
What You'll Do:
- You will develop interactive dashboards and reports using relational databases, Tableau and Excel to educate decision-makers at all levels of the business
- You will distill actionable insights from over 1PB of data to uncover new revenue opportunities and drive the product roadmap forward
- You will develop and share new data products for expedited downstream analysis and application
- You will solve complex business problems through creating statistical models from data and metadata
- You will participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions, collaborate with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
- You will use data to equip client-facing teams with insights for client conversations
- You will help us find opportunities in both established and new product lines within RetailMeNot
Who We Are:
- We value diverse perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have an open, casual, fun and upbeat environment where you are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you love
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.