Business Intelligence Analyst
Business Intelligence Analyst
Amherst Residential, is a vertically integrated residential real estate platform making ownership of single family homes seamless for investors and home owners. The platform has raised over $4 billion of capital since inception, manages ~20,000 homes, and is growing its team as it rolls out new investments and business lines.
Amherst Residential is hiring a Business Intelligence Analyst whose primary responsibility will be to support the Investor Services and Asset Management teams in their ongoing Performance Management processes to monitor, report and improve portfolio investment performance. This includes implementing solutions for automating and improving existing investor and operational reporting, leveraging SQL and analytical skills to research key performance indicators and identify root causes, and acting as a liaison between the Amherst Residential business and technology teams. The Business Intelligence Analyst will also provide BI and Data Analytics support to other teams within Amherst Residential as needed. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in joining a lean, innovative group with the possibility of tremendous growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actionable business insights. Collaborate directly with peers and business leaders to transform ideas into actions.
- Utilize Microsoft SQL Server for extraction and analysis of data from multiple sources with demonstrated ability to effectively decipher, analyze and report data
- Develop reports and dashboards using Tableau and/or Excel for internal and external customers
- Leverage analytic problem solving skills in working with large disparate, datasets to report portfolio operational metrics and performance
- Assist with preparation and automation of recurring /ad-hoc reporting assignments
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or related quantitative discipline with experience is required
- 2-4 years’ experience analyzing data, drawing conclusions and making recommendations; consulting or financial services industry experience is a plus
- Advanced SQL query writing skills required. Experience working in a Microsoft SQL Server environment is preferred.
- Experience with creating and presenting management dashboards and reports
- Experience with data visualization/business intelligence tools. Experience with Tableau is a huge plus.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to meet established timelines
- Analytical mindset and passion for gleaning actionable insights from raw data
- Knowledge of data warehousing and ETL concepts is a plus
- Experience with PowerShell scripting is a plus
Amherst Holdings LLC is a privately held corporation and is located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a beautifully renovated modern workspace with the latest technologies.
We offer a competitive compensation package including bonus, 401k, flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time, employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision), maternity/paternity paid leave, life insurance and more. Other perks include on premise fitness center with showers/lockers and towel service, free snacks, and beverages, breakfast taco Thursday and daily catered lunches!