Business Intelligence Analyst
At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS commerce solutions and services for all business types, ranging from startups to large enterprises. If you are the kind of entrepreneur that loves working in teams, has a passion for driving positive change, and wants to change the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst you will work with various teams drawing insight from our data. You will be our expert at understanding our corporate data. You will organize, collect, analyze, and report on data to provide insights to improve business operations. This includes organizing company-wide business rules, data mining, fine-tuning operational efficiency, communicating results, and recommending meaningful courses of action. While you will report directly to Jason Vertrees, VP of Engineering & Data Science you will spend a great deal of time with other teams helping them understand the performance and position of the company.
- Draw insights from our data
- Make recommendations based on our data and your insights
- Work close with other teams to create and maintain a variety of reports
- Clearly and concisely communicate the results of your findings to other internal stakeholders
- Create summaries of historical data
- Organize, collect, analyze, and visualize data.
- Extracting data from our databases, data warehouses, and growing data lake.
- Standardize data collection and maintenance by developing methods for database design and validation reports
We’re excited about you because you have:
- BS in Business or similar, MS preferred
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Fantastic organizational skills
- A strong focus and attention to detail
- 2-3 years’ experience analyzing data and working on data platforms and/or BI tools, and experience - Skilled with SQL and Excel
- Creative problem solver and have the ability to handle multiple projects, and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems, determine appropriate actions and thrive in a multi-project environment
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress and Beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Cold Brew and Snacks
- Volunteer Days
- Breakfast Taco Fridays
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings