Business Operations and Strategy Analyst – North America
The Business Operations & Strategy Analyst, Americas Retail is a critical role in implementing the business objectives of Vrbo in the Americas region. You will be responsible for developing, analyzing and drawing insights from the core operating metrics for Vrbo’s business in your region. This will include providing detailed planning and organization across all the relevant contributing areas and supporting the implementation of our business initiatives end to end, from kick-off to completion and until tangible business impact is delivered.
You will actively work with the financial planning and business analytics teams as well as inter-departmental team members (Marketing, Product, Product Marketing, etc.) to monitor, analyze and augment the business strategy, collaborate on action plans, coordinate execution, and track overall progress. Your work will have influence over almost every major function of the business and develop a very deep understanding of the main functions and the performance drivers of our marketplace. You will have regular and frequent interaction with senior leadership across the organization, and will need to maintain strong alignment and partnerships with key departments to ensure that the overall North America business is well planned, understood, communicated and effectively executed.
The role will report directly to the Senior Director of US business in Austin, TX.
What You'll Do:
- Drive reporting, analysis, strategy and program management of performance for key origin and destinations
- Provide regular reporting to the company on the business results and key drivers of metrics for the business including performance across top markets.
- Monitor progress towards achieving the operating metrics that result in hitting our business objectives. Collaborate with functional teams (sales, marketing, product marketing, product) to ensure the implementation of initiatives essential to achieving our business goals in the Americas.
- Provide business analysis for key initiatives designed to achieve short-term financial goals and long-term business strategies. Develop detailed financial, planning and performance evaluation models for ongoing business and strategic options.
- Develop insights driven by data, that achieve higher levels of traffic and booking conversion across key origins and destinations
- Perform systematic industry research and analysis to highlight category trends and key competitive issues and opportunities.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- 4-6 years of experience required
- Exposure to strategy and/or E-commerce, preferably in Analytics, Business Intelligence, or Finance
- Prior experience driving insights through data analysis and effectively communicating and collaborating with cross functional teams to implement recommendations
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Demonstrated record of creative and structured approach to problem solving
- Proven excellence in program and project management.
- Ability to build effective relationships across a matrix of functional teams
Key Behaviors for Success in the Role:
- Ability to work both at the “30,000-feet”level for the overall business, as well as the “ground” level to gather insights or drive execution
- Passion and tenacity for solving problems through creativity and resourcefulness
- A growth mindset: ability, curiosity, and desire to learn quickly
- Strong internal partner management skills
- Logic and common sense in performing quantitative analyses and sharp sensitivity to business impact
- Direct and clear approach to communication, ability to effectively communicate complex analysis
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by creating structure and prioritizing effectively
- Ability to inspire and motivate resources outside your own internal team
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.