BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for a Compensation Analyst to join our Total Rewards team and play a large role in our compensation strategy to help us attract and retain top talent globally. You’ll be instrumental in helping BigCommerce continue to scale effectively while working closely with the People, Finance and various cross-functional teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with market data on cash, bonus and equity to help design our global compensation framework.
- Develop plans to analyze datasets using statistical methods, and carry out these analyses to inform compensation recommendations.
- Build and evolve our compensation programs and support related communication efforts and materials.
- Complete compensation assessments associated with new position requests, pay adjustments and promotions by leveraging benchmark, incumbent and internal salary structure to provide solid recommendations for compensation and FLSA exemption status.
- Administer all compensation processes: executive bonus, equity incentive, promotions and focal review.
- Play a key role in shaping and running our biannual compensation cycles, including variable compensation plans
- Provide consultation to People People team and managers on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation.
- Partner with Recruiting on new hire compensation best practices and offer development questions.
- Work with external consultants for benchmarking, ad hoc compensation projects, and to stay up to date on industry trends and norms.
- Work with the People Operations and HR Business Partner team to implement compensation systems and processes.
- Provide subject-matter expertise on topics related to compensation.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of work experience in compensation analysis at a private or public company.
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis on work of a quantitative nature, or related practical experience.
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) or in process of obtaining
- Experience with Radford High Tech survey preferred
- Knowledge of international compensation practices.
- Knowledge of equity practices at private companies is preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills and proven ability to build and maintain complex models (such as compensation cost models).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to translate quantitative insights to non-quantitative audiences.
- Experience with Solium, ADP and its compensation module - preferred.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.