Consumer Insights Manager
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you have the opportunity to create something exceptional, build something sustainable and make a real impact. We are built for the wild.
As our Consumer Insights Manager, your role will be to gather and communicate consumer insights to business leadership, category management and new product development functions to help identify and illuminate unmet needs and define products that resonate with YETI users. Your list of responsibilities will range from strategic, quantitative surveys to observation and qualitative interviewing in the field. Broad user-based research experience and effective communication will be key. You’ll use data-driven storytelling to help us develop a richer understanding of consumers and drive organizational alignment around market opportunities. Your ability to synthesize and effectively present complex ideas plus your deep understanding of the product development process will help shape our product roadmap. The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage a variety of research projects and/or partners concurrently, inspire others and deliver actionable insights that lead to more badass YETI products.
A look at your day-to-day
- Plan research methodologies and budget to maximize the impact and applicability of insights
- Manage and conduct both qualitative and quantitative research for product development and marketing teams utilizing internal resources as well as external vendors
- Work with designers and development teams to test product appeal, usability and performance
- Work independently to plan, facilitate, analyze and present research insights
- Moderate interviews, brainstorms and discussions with stakeholders to generate new ideas and identify research needs
- Conduct secondary research to inform research strategies and protocol development
- Present research findings in a confident, compelling and memorable way; sharing stores, creating graphics and editing video
- Manage ongoing brand and user benchmark research including NPS, awareness, etc.
- Employ research best practices and stay abreast of new methods
Now for a little bit about you….
- Bachelor’s degree in a research-related field; Design or Marketing Research, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human Factors or other applicable research field
- 5+ years of experience in a research role
- Experience conducting usability testing, protocol and research tool development
- Experience with Adobe suite or other visualization tools
- Quantitative skills in survey writing, analysis and proficiency in Excel, SPSS or other data analysis software
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively work within a team and collaborate with others
- Hands on experience in the design and execution of qualitative and quantitative studies
- A curiosity and passion to learn
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- Competitive PTO program PLUS Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 5 additional days after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Benefits coverage (health, dental, vision, etc) and 401K
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.