Core Bidding Manager
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at HomeAway for a Core Bidding Manger to join our Global Growth Marketing team. This is a global role, reporting to the Sr Manager, Platform and Automation, with ownership of bidding algorithms, testing, optimization and development using a combination of internal and externally developed models and signals to optimize performance across multiple vendors world wide. This role requires proven ability to test multiple algorithms and develop an approach that incorporates the strongest portions of each of these algorithms to optimize performance for a suite of Key Performance Indicators. The ideal candidate will have a background in statistics or related field, ability to self-serve and process large amounts of data, and experience in identifying outliers or misleading information in datasets. Performance marketing experience is a plus, but not a requirement. We’re looking for someone who can bring a scientific approach to improving our bidding strategies and methods and new perspectives to how we manage our marketing spend.
- Continually test bidding algorithms to drive predictable and reliable outcomes.
- Build and communicate trade-off analyses to inform investment decisions.
- Develop business cases and requirements for additional data needs or technical support.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to understand and react to site changes and seasonal shifts.
- Partner with Machine Learning and Data Science teams to improve our ability to predict performance.
To be successful you will bring the following qualifications:
- 5+ years in a highly analytical field using large data sets.
- Scientific mindset with a background in applying the scientific method to your work.
- Proven track record of building models and refining them over time to incorporate additional signals.
- Ability to distill your findings and communicate simply with non-experts to secure resources and improve spend allocation.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.