ABOUT THIS POSITION
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to develop strategies for effective data analysis and reporting. You will be responsible for developing key business reports and automating processes to translate raw data into valuable business insights. This role will report to the Director of Data Architecture.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 450,000 users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand nationwide.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student lives as possible.
ABOUT YOUR NEW TEAM
At Aceable, you will have the opportunity to join a passionate, bright and driven team that will help lay the groundwork for our data architecture and build the analytics function. We value analytics professionals who are curious, organized, motivated and can find beauty in chaos. Our goal is to not only grow the business but help each other develop personally and professionally.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions
- Proactively identify and experiment with areas of opportunity to provide further analytical insights
- Manage and optimize processes for data ingestion, validation, and engineering, and identify risks in existing processes and recommend controls/governance
- Oversee the analytics request process, tracking submitted requests, prioritizations, approvals, etc.
- Communicate results and business impact of insights and initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the organization
- Keep in touch with current industry news and trends
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strong working knowledge of data engineering ETL process and languages such as SQL and Python
- Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, EC2, Cloudfront, S3, Redshift, etc
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Mode, Looker, etc.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Experience transforming data to build impactful dashboards to inform decision making
- Excellent interpersonal skills in both written and verbal communication
- Superior documentation and organizational skills
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical modeling/techniques: GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, designing tests/experiments and developing actionable recommendations
- Experience with statistical tools such as SAS, Stata, R, etc.
- Familiarity with machine learning
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description