What you’ll be called: Data Architect
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named a Happiest Company to Work for in 2019; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and featured on the Training Magazine Training 125 list seven times, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where transforming the real estate industry through technology is our primary goal.
KW Technology is the foremost provider of real estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services and training in the industry. Our Data Engineering team converts agent and consumer challenges into intuitive, insight-enhanced technology and consumer experiences.
What you’ll do:
Drive the development of our enterprise data warehouse (EDW) and next generation of reporting tools. Partner closely with the Product Team, data engineers and BI analysts to deliver flexible, scalable data architecture for new data warehouse subject areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business leaders and product owners to understand reporting needs.
- Profile operational source data to understand how it is created and maintained by enterprise applications.
- Design and deliver data architecture for warehouse subject areas.
- Define and write complex queries, source qualifier and ETL job scheduling and processes.
- Work individually and in collaboration with data engineers to populate EDW data structures.
- Lead quality assurance and testing activities to ensure valid ETL processing of EDW data.
- Perform ongoing maintenance activities to ensure high availability and reliability of production EDW subject areas and data.
- Promote data warehousing best practices and governance activities across the data team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Data Science, Analytics or related field or equivalent experience.
- 8 or more years of experience as a data engineer on enterprise-level data solutions.
- 5 or more years of data architecture experience.
- Master’s degree in Information Management, Data Science, Analytics or related field.
- Expert in SQL and Python for scripting automation.
- Experience building open source data pipeline systems such as AirFlow, Hadoop or Kafka.
- Experience with Spark, Presto, Hive or other map/reduce "big data" systems and services.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe and is number one in units and volume in the United States. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on an agent-centric, technology-driven and education-based culture that rewards agents as stakeholders. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, TX. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.