Data Center Selection Manager
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
We are seeking a Data Site Selection Manager to manage all commercial data center site selection, plan our new PoP growth and manage growth in all existing colocation facilities. The infrastructure team is responsible for growing Cloudflare’s global data center/PoP footprint and utilizes an extensive range of global vendors. This role will be responsible for growing our portfolio of sites, negotiating with vendors, and managing to a set annual budget. We are looking for someone who can project manage across a number of projects and introduce effective and streamlined processes as company’s scale grows and number of infrastructure vendors and partners we use expands.
What you'll do
Specific duties will include, but not limited to:
- Select data center sites to support Cloudflare’s infrastructure growth
- Own all commercial aspects of data center including negotiation and planning
- Work cross-functionally with data center operations teams, capacity planning, network strategy teams, in order to choose new sites and grow in existing sites most effectively
- Interface with external colocation and other vendors
- Point of contact for buyers, internal business owners & vendors as needed
- Develop and own annual data center budget
- Develop more effective tracking and benchmarking of infrastructure costs
- Review/approve colocation spend & invoices
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 3-5 years in planning, managing data center footprints at a cloud services company, fast moving software/enterprise or colocation company
- Experience in budget planning, financial analysis, or other analytical role
- Ability to multi-task and manage complex projects across multiple teams within set deadlines
- Demonstrated experience negotiating with external parties
- Ability to solve problems and answer questions with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Identify process improvements and proactive solutions
- Bachelors degree minimum
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected]udflare.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.