Square Root is built on understanding our customers' data more deeply than they do and our data engineers are instrumental in that. In this role, you’ll take heterogeneous, unstructured data, mine it for insights, and apply it to business problems in innovative ways. While you don’t need tons of experience, you’ll need to be sharp and possess a genuine interest in using data to solve business problems. You’ll be working side by side with experienced cloud architects and data engineers. We want someone that will grow with us and is comfortable with the idea of programming, algorithmic thinking, and automated testing.
Sound like your kind of challenge? Dig in to learn more!
- You’ll design, develop, and improve our ETL Engine to allow for rapid customer implementations, minimal customer investment, data quality and consistency, flexibility, durability, and availability.
- As part of our implementation process, you’ll work directly with customers to integrate their business data. You’ll work closely with different teams at Square Root to deliver enhancements, ensure operational stability, and define + refine product features.
- You’ll help expand the scalability of our system and maintain our customer relationships as we adapt to more clients and larger data volumes.
- We’re all about driving action from data and that includes putting our own enterprise data at the fingertips of all Radicals to empower our own team.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or related field.
- You’ve demonstrated your ability as a leader and technologist. We currently work with Python, SQL, Cloud Computing, Linux, and Kafka.
- You’re able to articulate data insights to non-technical customers.
- You should be eager to learn, able to adapt and perfect your work, + willing to seek out help and put it to good use.
Our Radical Culture
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. We have fun, but we work hard. So, as we grow we’re not only looking to hire the best and brightest, but we’re also looking for people that share our values. This is the code we live by:
- Think big. Do bigger. We think big ideas are meant to be pursued. So, we think critically and have a bias for action and impact. We continually iterate to deliver smarter direction and better software.
- Be customer-inspired. We aim to over-deliver and delight by doing what’s best, not just what’s expected. That’s why we make it a priority to understand how our customers operate and the challenges that they face.
- Partner. We build strong relationships by having a partnership mindset – internally and externally. We go above and beyond to help our customers and one another succeed.
- Thrive. We set our internal bar high so that we can bring enthusiasm, speed, and innovation. We revere personal drive, growth, and balance. We celebrate successes, and, sometimes, we just celebrate.
The Good Stuff
Founded in Austin, Texas, we’ve been bootstrapped and profitable since our start in 2006. Along the way we’ve added a slew of benefits + perks inspired by our team of Radicals. Here’s a sample:
- Flexibility: no dress code, office hours, or vacation policy
- Competitive benefits and compensation
- Cozy campus of five 1920’s craftsman homes in downtown
- Radicals get $3,000 a year to learn anything (seriously!)
- Team lunches, stocked kitchen + bar, coffee-snob compliant coffee machines
Square Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.