At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS ecommerce solutions and services for all business types, from startups to well-established companies. If you're a creative professional who loves working with teams, has a passion for driving positive change and wants to better the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you!
As a Data Engineer, you will assist in the development of data warehouse information architecture on both Google Cloud BigQuery and Microsoft SQL Server, optimize SQL performance, and provide operational support to our high availability Microsoft SQL Server Warehouse infrastructure. An ideal candidate will be a proficient warehouse developer versed in data integration services development, report development, data analysis, and database administration.
- Assist in building and maintaining data warehouse data integrations leveraging both MS SQL Integration services and Python technologies
- Assist in the development of BigQuery Data Model
- Develop and Optimize SQL Queries leveraged by existing integration services ,reporting processes and data analysis reports
- Develop dashboards and visualizations for ongoing measurement and KPIs
- Plan for non-transactional data storage for reporting and analytics
- Database Schema design and data flow architecture planning
- Maintain current reports in existing reporting platforms
- Profile source system data as needed to provide feedback for business requirements
- Analyze and verify Data Warehouse data
- Assist in the design, build and maintenance of SSAS cubes
We are looking for someone with:
- MUST be a team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- SQL Skills for data analysis is a strong must have
- 2+ Years Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services development or similar Extract Transform Load development
- 2+ years of experience Microsoft SQL Server database administration
- 2+ years of experience with Python 2.7 or 3.x
- Strong experience with performance optimization and tuning with database applications is a MUST
- Kafka experience- required
- Python Scripting and .NET knowledge preferred
- Familiarity with Cloud Services. Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and the GCP Data Services experience is a major plus
- Git experience is also a plus
- Highly organized, self-starter with an eye for detail who can maintain multiple ongoing projects simultaneously
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- A founder: Think big, go fast and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress and Beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings