What you’ll be called: Data Engineer
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named a Happiest Company to Work for in 2019; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and featured on the Training Magazine Training 125 list seven times, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where transforming the real estate industry through technology is our primary goal.
KW Technology is the foremost provider of real estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services and training in the industry. Our Data Engineering team converts agent and consumer challenges into intuitive, insight-enhanced technology and consumer experiences using tools such as Python, Hadoop, Spark, MySQL, MongoDB and Snaplogic.
What you’ll do:
Design, develop and implement data infrastructure and best-in-class pipelines that collect, connect, centralize and curate data from various internal and external data sources. You will ensure that architectures support the needs of the business, and recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and implement data infrastructure and pipelines that collect, connect, centralize, and curate data from various internal and external data sources
- Participate in data architecture discussions to understand target data structures, required data transformations and deliver data pipelines/ETL loading processes that meet requirements.
- Perform detailed exploration of new internal and external source data to perform source-to-target mapping to inform the development of new data pipelines/flows.
- Work in close collaboration with your data-minded colleagues focused on back-end (microservice) development, business intelligence reporting, machine learning and artificial intelligence models.
- Investigate the root cause of data-related issues and implement viable, sustainable solutions to correct issues.
- Perform database administration activities such as refreshes, updates, migrations, etc. in support of data pipeline maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Data Science, Analytics or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more years of experience as a data engineer on enterprise-level data solutions, specifically as a Data Engineer or ETL Developer.
- 2 or more years of experience working with relational and unstructured databases and enterprise data warehouses, such as work with MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, SQL Server, or Oracle.
- Experience with Spark, Presto, Hive and/or other map/reduce "big data" systems and services.
- Experience in SQL and Python for scripting automation.
- Master’s degree in Information Management, Data Science, Analytics or related field.
- Experience building open source data pipeline systems such as AirFlow, Hadoop or Kafka.
- Familiar working in a Cloud environment (AWS or GCP) with a subset of the following tools or their equivalent - Redshift, RDS, S3, EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, Elasticsearch, EMR, BigQuery, GCS.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe and is number one in units and volume in the United States. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on an agent-centric, technology-driven and education-based culture that rewards agents as stakeholders. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, TX. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.