Data Insights Analyst
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
You have the opportunity to join HomeAway’s global Analytics & Data Insights team in Austin, TX The mission of the team is to enable stakeholders with strategic and operational insights that allow them to make better decisions. Our culture is one that strives to solve difficult problems through rigorous hypothesis-based testing, empowering people to come up with ideas and data-driven solutions quickly. Our analysts are passionate about learning the drivers of the business and leveraging data, technology and analytics to provide valuable data insights to drive company’s critical business decisions.
This particular role will be responsible for supporting our Global Payments Team. The Payments team aims to roll out a Merchant of Record platform for Homeaway-- which will take our marketplace to the next level by granting more flexibility to owners and partners and becoming an additional source of revenue.
The Payments data insights analyst will partner with them to achieve those goals by providing a broad spectrum of support including working with developers and data engineers to set up data pipelines and tracking, deep-dive investigative analyses, business modeling, and strategic analysis.
- Partner with internal stakeholders – both technical and non-technical – to answer complex business questions
- Through data mining and analysis, apply and implement hypotheses and recommendations of things we should change, leading to experiments that will confirm or deny those hypotheses and ultimately improve operations
- Be a HomeAway data guru - be the point of contact for all data questions and insights in your respective area
- Partner with key stakeholders to prioritize asks based on highest potential value added, and proactively drive initiatives from there.
- Work with the broader Analytics Platform team in an Agile model to implement self-service data products that will allow the Ads teams to access accurate information directly and easily.
- Monitor key corporate and Advertising-specific metrics daily, quickly identifying areas of concern and proposing analyses and/or corrective actions
- Participate in weekly Advertising team meetings to ensure insight-based decision making
- Passion for number crunching, logical problem solving and intellectual challenges
- Ability to structure / work on data exploration problems, with innovative approaches and creative solutions, leveraging strong reporting and data visualization skills
- Must be comfortable with uncertainty by prioritizing effectively and flexibly handling changes
- Able to work across different business units/countries to communicate findings company-wide
- Strong organization skills, and some ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Expert-level SQL knowledge
- Intermediate level Tableau knowledge
- Intermediate A/B testing knowledge
- Intermediate-level knowledge of big data tools / languages (Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Beginner level R, Python or other coding language
- Clickstream data exposure: 1-2 years of experience (preferably running A/B tests and extracting data from BigQuery)
- Bachelor's in an analytical field (e.g., Marketing Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) and 4+ years of experience in data analytics OR Master of Science in an analytical field (e.g. Marketing Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics) and 2+ years of experience
- 1+ years’ experience in either web/ travel industry or data consulting is preferred
- Background in relevant area – advertising – is a strong plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.