Database Developer – Austin, TX
Let us introduce ourselves:
Founded in 1993, Amherst Holdings LLC is a privately owned financial services holdings company headquartered in Austin, TX. We provide a variety of products and services for institutional clients across the globe and pursue opportunities in the capital markets leveraging our deep expertise and proprietary market leading data analytics platform. We have developed cutting edge tools and methodologies that give us the competitive edge in our securities, loan origination, and asset management lines of business.
What we’re looking for, in a nutshell:
As our Database Developer you will use your broad skill set and passion for data to architect, design and develop ETL and data analytics datawarehouse platforms for our Single Family Buy to Rent business which will provide property level data and analytics for each property within our nationwide portfolio. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand for production support. This position will report to the Director, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence. This position is located at our Austin TX headquarters.
A little more about this role:
- Engineering data platforms for stability, performance, reliability, and security.
- Work with other members of the Data Engineering team to design and build data integrations, ETL processes, and data warehousing systems
- Supporting the build and enhancement of our ETL framework leveraging C#/.NET
- Work with the product owners and business analysts in analyzing business requirements to design and implement data processing pipelines, associated data and database structures and fine-tune performance to meet those requirements.
- Review new external data sets and open data sources to understand potential usage.
- Work with Infrastructure and DevOps teams to build and release production database systems
- Design, Implement & Test all data processing systems
- Participate in establishing processes and best practices around development standards, version control, quality control, deployment, maintenance and change management
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Administration, Mathematics or a related field
- 5+ years of industry experience as a data developer, database engineer or any data warehouse related field
- Proven experience in data modeling, ETL design and development, and designing Data warehouse systems
- Data Warehouse experience with SQL Server 2014/2016 and building SSIS packages
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
- Experience in continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying data flows
- Experience building data systems incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- 2 + Years of programming language experience with at least one programming language: C#, Java, Python
Additional Skills and Experience (Preferred, but Not Required)
Experience in financial industry is a plus. Domain knowledge of financial industry concepts: Securities, Capital Markets, Real Estate Assets etc. is desirable.
- Experience with Agile Methodology and JIRA
- Experience with Tableau as an enterprise reporting tool or willingness to learn the basics if required
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!