Director of Data Architecture
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are searching for a Director of Data Architecture who will build out Aceable's analytics function. You will drive the design, development, and execution of data analytics systems while also supporting Product, Marketing, Customer Experience, and Finance Teams. Your team will work collaboratively with these stakeholders to manage delivery of data projects that empower the team to make informed business decisions.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient educational content across all devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people with life’s certification challenges. After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver’s ed courses, Aceable is now expanding into other verticals for required education. To date, Aceable touts more than 400,000 users and counting, as it continues to expand nationwide.
***PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR APPLICATION***
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build an Analytics function that supports the Product, Marketing, Customer Experience, and Finance functions. Evaluate existing tools, identify new tools/approaches, and work with relevant stakeholders to adopt and implement new Business Intelligence strategies
- Lead a team of analysts while cultivating a culture of learning
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders to meet the operational and analytics needs of the organization
- Advise stakeholders on analytical options to address specific needs, including discussion of potential analytical approaches to tasks, associated costs and trade-offs, and recommendations on approach
- Design, coordinate, and implement technology solutions to support initiatives for improved reporting processes, including data architecture, data warehouses, ETL pipelines, and reporting systems
- Develop in-depth subject matter expertise in key strategic data sources and data lineage within the organization and effectively leverage knowledge to drive meaningful business results
- Provide Analytics and Business Intelligence related mentorship and training to teams across all functions and geographies
- Oversee and monitor regulatory and consumer protection compliance for utilization of the data
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 5+ years related work experience
- 3+ years analytics, application or data pipeline development experience with exposure to analytics tools such as SQL, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Airflow, etc.
- 3+ years experience working with large data stores such as Postgres, Amazon Redshift, BigQuery, ElasticSearch, Mongo, etc.
- Programming experience with scripting languages such as Python or R
- Experience creating data visualizations through tools such as Tableau, Looker, Chartio, Mode, Periscope, etc.
- Extensive regression and statistical testing experience
- Knowledge of statistics and data science to drive a scientific approach to analytics
- Strong leadership ability across all levels, coupled with effective problems solving, conceptual thinking, qualitative and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills, ability to influence cross-functionally in a rapidly evolving business environment while managing multiple/concurrent projects
- Strong communication skills across verbal, written, and presentation mediums; including technical writing
- A master’s degree in an analytical field such as Statistics, Data Science, MIS, Engineering, Math, Accounting or Finance
- Familiarity with machine learning
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week and access to our fully stocked kitchen
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
Read Full Job Description