Enterprise Data Architect
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
Kendra Scott is looking to hire an Enterprise Data Architect to develop our enterprise data strategy, framework and ecosystem to support our fast-growing business, evolving business model, business processes and application portfolio. Our ideal candidate must be a big-picture thinker, highly organized, detail oriented, a strong communicator, and great at working with cross-functional teams on multiple projects. The candidate should have a passion for data, as well as data analysis, and be very detailed oriented in maintaining design and quality standards. This position will require close collaboration with business analysts, a develops team, product owners, business & IT leaders, managers, vendors, end users and quality assurance. The Enterprise Data Architect plays a key role in the definition of data management related strategies including data design, data integration, data governance, data integrity, data quality, metadata management, master data management.
• Develops a strategic enterprise data model.
• Influences projects/initiatives and makes decisions related to data including data quality, data architecture and data management best practices. Provides expert data modeling and data validation services that produce flexible, extensible data structure design solutions that support effective business decisions.
• Creates and manages an array of data design deliverables including data models, data diagrams, data flows and corresponding data dictionary documentation. Assists in leading the development and implementation of various strategic data architecture initiatives around master data management, data quality, data management policies/standards, data governance, and metadata management. Serves as an advocate for the data architecture team and data management discipline, policies and standards across the business.
• Understands leading/emerging data analytics, technologies and trends and can communicate effectively to a wide audience
• Effectively deals with a multitude of ambiguities by confidently walking through an undefined situation and drawing out key requirements and political constraints
• Conducts facilitated working sessions with technical executives and experts
• Develops standard access patterns to enterprise data, and design meta layer patterns able to support varied analytic, reporting and operational capabilities across the enterprise.
• Interacts with 3rd Party Providers to implement new warehousing strategies
• Implements industry standards, best practices and optimal solutions
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Bachelor's Degree (MBA a plus)
• Eligibility to work in the United States
• 5+ years of Enterprise Data Architecture in a similar role.
• 10+ years of experience designing and building databases.
• 10+ years of experience in data architecture principles, methods, techniques and technologies.
• Strong knowledge of Retail omnichannel unified commerce ecosystem.
• Proven background of designing and implementing data architectural solutions which solve strategic and tactical business needs.
• Strong technical understanding of data modeling, design and architecture principles and techniques across master data, transaction data and derived/analytic data.
• Deep knowledge of best practices through relevant experience across data-related disciplines and technologies, particularly for enterprise-wide data architectures, master data management, data governance and data warehousing.
• Strong familiarity with data management tools, including enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data quality tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools. Solid understanding of enterprise analytics platforms and tools, data lakes, customer data platforms, business intelligence and data warehouse technologies.
• Big data experience is highly desired; experience ingesting and transforming structured, semi-structured and unstructured data (social media, streaming data).
• Knowledge or experience across a broad range of advanced analytics, e.g. descriptive, predictive, prescriptive.
• Adaptability/willingness to take on tasks outside of a newly evolving role; Strong conceptual knowledge of roles and responsibilities within the analytics and business intelligence domain (Data Scientist, DA, ETL, BI, DBA, SE, QA, and PM).
• Highly refined organization and communication skills including facilitation, presentation, and documentation. Experience working with all levels in the organization.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Familiarity with common data integration challenges like converting data types, handling errors, and translating between different technology stacks.