Intelligence Analyst - eCrime
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
Intelligence Analyst – eCrime
The CrowdStrike Intelligence Team’s Intelligence Analysis Cell (IAC) is seeking an Intelligence Analyst focused on eCrime to join our team. The Intelligence Team is a core component of CrowdStrike and this position serves as an important role in developing finished intelligence products, conducting analysis, and supporting the technical analysis of threat data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research with specific emphasis on financially-motivated eCrime actors, evaluating and reporting on their capabilities, Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs).
- Conduct research and evaluate & report on trends in the eCrime ecosystem to include monetization and fraud techniques.
- Compose intelligence reports based on a production schedule related to eCrime threats in support of CrowdStrike intelligence customers.
- Respond to customer Requests For Information (RFIs) as they pertain to eCrime threat actors and campaigns.
- Develop profiles of eCrime actors and conduct research on links between eCrime groups.
- Understand output of malware analysis (static and dynamic) and automated tracking applications; work closely with eCrime technical researchers.
- Understanding of current and emerging financially-motivated intrusion and data exfiltration threats (botnets/ransomware) facing multinational corporations.
- Understanding of the current eCrime ecosystems, enabling resources & infrastructures, and monetization & laundering techniques.
- Understanding of eCrime ecosystems as they differ based on geography.
- Ability to express complex technical and non-technical concepts verbally, graphically, and in writing. Excellent writing skills are mandatory.
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive, practical knowledge of research / collection skills and analytical methods.
- Ability to meet deadlines for written products and customer requests.
- Ability to utilize i2 Analyst Notebook/Maltego or similar tools to create both working-level and presentation-grade visualization charts.
- General understanding of technical concepts and terminologies to include technical analyses of different malware families, their characteristics, and capabilities
- Foreign language capability in Russian or Spanish is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree, or military training and experience, in cyber intelligence or general intelligence studies.
- Other technical security certifications or academic background a plus.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.