Intelligence Analyst - Korean Linguist
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
Senior Intelligence Analyst (DPRK)
CrowdStrike Intelligence, a core component of CrowdStrike, is seeking an Intelligence Analyst with Korean language skills to focus on analysis of cyber actors and adversaries in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK). This position serves as an important role dedicated to analyzing actors, adversaries, geopolitical developments, and transitional issues surrounding the DPRK. It also serves as an important role conducting analysis, supporting the technical analysis of threat data, and developing finished intelligence products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify current and emerging cyber threats and trends on a variety of pre-determined cyber security topics by analyzing raw intelligence that includes some technical information as well as geopolitical and transnational events/issues surrounding North Korea.
- Research and compose analytical reports and threat estimates related to cyber security issues and threat actor’s Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) surrounding the Korean Peninsula.
- Discover sources for North Korean threat actors, while vetting the quality & credibility of those sources.
- Develop adversary threat assessments based on customer profiles.
- Conduct trend/correlation analysis and scenario forecasting at both the tactical and strategic level.
- Collaborate with different areas of the Intelligence Team to share knowledge and increase quality of work product.
- Collaborate with teams across the CrowdStrike organization to provide intelligence & regional expertise and gather information for finished intelligence products.
- Ability to understand Korean with high proficiency, particularly reading.
- Ability to express complex technical and non-technical concepts verbally, graphically, and in writing. Excellent writing skills are mandatory.
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive, practical knowledge of research/collection skills and analytical methods.
- Understanding of the current geopolitical and transnational events and issues surrounding the DPRK.
- Ability to vet open-source regional media sources.
- Experience working in a warning or alert production environment, where reporting requires a quick turn-around.
- Additional languages from the Asia Pacific or Southeast Asian region a plus (Mandarin, Japanese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Malaysian, Indonesian etc.), however, Korean is required.
- General understanding of terminology and tactics employed by threat actors.
- Ability to utilize Maltego, i2, or similar tools to create both working-level and presentation-grade visualization charts.
- Undergraduate degree or military training and experience in cyber intelligence, general intelligence studies, security studies, political science, international relations, etc.
- Other technical security certifications or academic background a plus.
- Formal language training or native language knowledge.
Anywhere in the U.S./UK
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.