Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
The Inventory Analyst is responsible for creating Demand Planning for Forcepoint Product lines. Ongoing identification of this product inside and outside of Forcepoint four walls. Aging and lifecycle awareness of Inventory to optimize usage and minimize obsolescence. Introduce Lean planning and consumption models to improve supply chain velocities. The Inventory Analyst will collaborate with the Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Logistics teams to ensure inventory flow is smooth and Forcepoint is neither under or over-stocked.
- Plan inventory flow to ensure Forcepoint and its warehouses are neither under-stocked nor over-stocked based on provided budgets.
- Predict future inventory needs and create buying plans based on forecasts and sales data.
- Implement measures to prevent stock-outs of top-selling SKU’s and discontinue aging inventory.
- Develop, implement, and maintain appropriate and accurate inventory control policies, processes, and procedures to ensure all inventories are adequately controlled.
- Compile, maintain, and analyse inventory reports; assess demand vs. on-hand inventory on a weekly basis to identify excess, slow, and obsolete inventory.
- Identify and report on recurring issues that drive inventory discrepancies; recommend and implement corrective actions to avoid recurrence
- Coordinate all Forcepoint inventory at vendor locations on a monthly basis (beginning balance; ins/outs; ending balance).
- Track shipments to ensure they are complete, correct, and on time.
- Work collaboratively with a variety of departments including Operations, Accounting, Sales, Order Management, and Inventory/Logistics.
- Own Purchase Order (PO) process for the Planning and Operations team (create iPOS requests and purchase orders, and receive POs).
- Monitor the Hardware Availability inbox to assist with inventory questions from Sales.
- Review and approve evaluation and RMA conversion requests.
- Provide supporting documentation for sales and operations planning (S&OP) meetings.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Logistics, or related area preferred.
- 3+ years of Inventory Control, Planning, and Forecasting.
- Ability to extrapolate large volumes of data, summarize it appropriate for the audience, and communicate findings concisely.
- Experience building collaborative relationships with business partners to coordinate operational process and help resolve issues.
- Strong background in sales and operations planning (S&OP).
- Strong critical thinking skills and problem solving ability.
- Strong results orientation and a bias for action.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports.
- Expert level in Microsoft Excel and Data Analysis.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Experience with demand planning and supply chain management is a plus.