Lead Data Scientist
We are empowering our clients with actionable analytics in order to positively impact peoples' lives. The insights we gain from our analyses guide our strategic path forward as we empower non-profit and public-sector organizations to build prescriptive paths forward for the people they serve. The Data Science team proactively leads and collaborates to identify the most valuable problems to solve, constructs a Roadmap to delivery, and executes our plan. The Lead Data Scientist role will have an empowered role to build the Data Science Roadmap in conjunction with the Product team at Social Solutions. All the outputs from the Data Science team models will feed into the Product portfolio, aiding thousands of internal and external stakeholders in their decision-making processes. The Lead Data Scientist will be a player/coach on the team, mentoring and leading analysts while delivering these incredibly valuable outputs across our organization.
What You'll Do
- Aid in the development of predictive modeling and machine learning solutions that continually improve with the collection of real-time program results from our product portfolio
- Lead a team of data analysts as a player-coach, mentoring each individual to continue to develop their personal skillsets while contributing to model development as needed
- Coordinate KPI goals and delivery dates with senior leadership, ensuring our results are measurable and delivered on time
- Work in an Agile environment with team members, delivering solutions quickly and continuously exploring ways to improve our results
- Actively seek out new potential problems to solve, building out our future Roadmap while simultaneously executing our present analyses
- Work closely with colleagues in Product, Operations, and Sales to structure problems and understand the impact across various departments within the company
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field. If you can tell a story related to how you can leverage your educational background on a data science team, we are all ears
- 5+ years in a Data Science position, building predictive models and leading teams
- Experience designing and implementing a broad range of Regression techniques
- Experience designing and implementing Machine Learning models (preferable)
- Experience coding with R, Python, and SQL languages
- Familiarity with Spark and Amazon Web Services (preferable)
- Ability to clearly explain findings from complex analyses in case studies and power point
- Be a collaborative teammate, sharing knowledge and learning from others while working through complex problems
- Confidence, hustle, energy, and drive – accountability is key and the impact of your work is crucial to our success
- You are always ready for the next challenge, always one step ahead, looking for creative ways to improve upon processes
Why We're Awesome
At Social Solutions, we're mission focused and results oriented! We're a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Social Solutions' software (SaaS) helps some of the most vulnerable human beings in our society. Our software for Nonprofits allows them to spend less time on compliance and more time on ensuring the effectiveness of their service programs for the people who rely on them. Since our software was designed by direct service works for direct service providers, it also helps them to demonstrate impact to stakeholders.
What You'll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- 8 hours per quarter of volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities
- That's not all, folks!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.