Portfolio Credit Analyst
At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS commerce solutions and services for all business types, ranging from startups to large enterprises. If you are the kind of entrepreneur that loves working in teams, has a passion for driving positive change, and wants to change the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you.
The Portfolio Credit Analyst is part of the Underwriting & Risk Management team within the Volusion Payments division. This individual is responsible for analyzing applications from our current customers who would like to utilize our in-house credit card processing solution. The person in this role reviews and verifies information to determine credit worthiness and business risk.
- Analyze a wide variety of applicants and business types, primarily in a mail-order or ecommerce environment, where potential financial risk exposure may be higher (experience with card-not-present merchants is desirable)
- Request and obtain information from the Sales Representatives and applicants as necessary to complete the credit review process
- Determine credit worthiness for small to medium sized merchants, both new and established
- Comprehensive review and analysis of individual and company reports including Experian, Equifax, Tax Returns, Financial statements, Merchant Processing Statements, etc.
- Communicate confidently and effectively with merchants AND sales representatives as needed to obtain financial information or any other documentation needed
- Recommend and develop enhancements, sources, and resources to assist in the credit review/underwriting process
- Communicate effectively with internal company departments, as well as multiple levels of management
- Be prepared to address production overflow, short staffing situations or special projects
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelors degree required or equivalent work experience in credit, underwriting, risk management, or collections role
- Minimum 2-3 year’s experience in an underwriting environment, risk management or collections role (direct experience in credit card and/or merchant services industries preferred)
- Direct experience with Global Payments and First Data underwriting/risk systems considered a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience reviewing and analyzing individual and company financial data
- Must be a team-oriented individual with willingness to work with all levels of staff & customers (not exclusively high level applicants) with a positive attitude and willingness to assist in training and development of new team members
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress and breakfast taco Fridays
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Dry Cleaning
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings