Principal Data Scientist
- Work with merchants and other business experts to define an distill requirements for analytic solutions
- Define best in class analytic methodology and facilitate adoption of that methodology by the data science team
- Design analytic solutions leveraging advanced statistical modeling and optimization that are best suited to solve the business problems
- Lead internal data scientists to deliver advanced analytics solutions.
- Provide thought leadership and establish a technical strategy and roadmap for advanced analytics
- Communicate timely and effectively both verbal and written to the peers, team, managers, and Home Depot
- Stay current with advancements in optimization, statistical modeling, programming techniques and advocates them where appropriate
- 35%-Designs and develops solutions that leverage statistical analytics and optimization to derive business insights.
- 35%-Partner with internal cross-functional teams and lead data scientists to develop advanced solutions.
- 20%-Seeks further knowledge on key developments within data science, technical skill sets, and additional data sources within Home Depot.
- 10%-Define clear communication mechanisms to the head of data science to ensure projects are on time and on budget
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a PhD degree with 5+ yrs of experience or Masters with 8+ years of experience in the domain of data science.
5 - 8 years
- Work experience with SQL, Teradata, Google Big Query and/or other comparable database systems.
- Expert knowledge of R, Python or other statistical computing programming languages.
- Recent publication in peer reviewed journal relevant to data science
- Experience managing groups of PhD level data scientists
- Excellent work-life balance
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive base and bonus package
- Open and flexible PTO
- 401(k) eligible for matching company contribution after one year
- Restricted stock grants and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, tons of drinks, and an espresso maker
- Lots of team events including weekly catered lunches, happy hours, and other fun outings
- Located in the heart of downtown Austin with garage parking provided
- The Home Depot is an Equal Opportunity Employer