Retail Partner Analyst
The Retail Partner Analyst is a critical role in identifying and implementing partner segmentation and retention efforts. You will be responsible for developing, analyzing and drawing insights from our partner performance across markets. This will include providing detailed planning and organization across all the functional teams and supporting the implementation of our business initiatives end to end. You will drive partner programs from kick-off to completion and until tangible business impact is delivered.
The role will actively work with business analytics teams as well as cross-functional team members (Marketing, Product, Partner Success, etc.) to monitor, analyze and augment the business strategy, collaborate on action plans, coordinate execution, and track overall progress. Your work will have influence over almost every major function of the business and develop a very deep understanding of the performance drivers of our marketplace. You will have regular and frequent interaction with senior leadership across the organization. A successful analyst will maintain strong alignment and partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure that the partner strategy is well planned, understood, communicated and effectively executed.
The role will report directly to the Director, North American Business Operations in Austin, TX.
What you’ll do:
- Drive reporting, analysis, strategy and program management of partner performance and retention
- Monitor progress towards achieving the operating metrics that result in hitting our business objectives. Collaborate with functional teams (sales, marketing, product marketing, product) to ensure the implementation of initiatives essential to achieving our business goals.
- Provide regular reporting to the company on the partner retention results and key drivers of metrics for each partner segment.
- Play a key role developing plans to drive adoption and usage of existing and new features: work with Product/CS/Sales/Marketing to promote features to all partner segments.
- Provide analysis for partner initiatives designed to achieve short-term retention goals and long-term business strategies. Develop detailed financial, planning and performance evaluation models for ongoing business and strategic options.
- Develop data-driven insights that achieve higher levels of partner performance, adoption of key features, retention, and overall satisfaction.
- Perform systematic industry research and analysis to highlight category trends and key competitive issues and opportunities.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- 5-7+ years of experience required
- Exposure to strategy and/or E-commerce, preferably in Product, Marketing, Product Marketing or Business Intelligence
- Experience with customer or supplier segmentation and retention efforts preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Demonstrated track record of creative and structured approach to problem solving
- Proven excellence in program and project management.
- Ability to build effective relationships across a matrix of functional teams
- Key Behaviors for Success in the Role:
- Ability to work both at the “30,000-feet” level for the overall business, as well as the “ground” level to gather insights or drive execution
- Passion and tenacity for solving problems through creativity and resourcefulness
- Desire and ability to learn quickly
- Strong internal partner management skills
- Logic and common sense in performing quantitative analyses and sharp sensitivity to implications and impact
- Direct and clear approach to communication
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by creating structure and prioritizing effectively
- Ability to inspire and motivate resources outside your own internal team
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.