At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS commerce solutions and services for all business types, ranging from startups to large enterprises. If you are the kind of entrepreneur that loves working in teams, has a passion for driving positive change, and wants to change the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you.
Volusion is seeking a Risk Analyst to assist in the merchant services division. We are seeking an exceptionally sharp and diplomatic candidate with excellent knowledge of merchant risk assessment.
- Provide analytical risk assessments on merchant portfolio decisions
- Analyze a wide variety of business types in multiple credit card processing environments, both card-present and non-card-present such as mail-order or internet applicants and/or restricted merchant types where risk is higher (experience with card-not-present merchants is required)
- Monitor merchant deposits and ensure merchant activities are in compliance with the merchant agreement
- Make real-time funding decisions with documentation as to why decisions were made
- Timely placement of flagged accounts on reserve to mitigate losses
- Assist in merchant collection efforts to collect any losses experienced by portfolio
- Investigate and review high risk merchant accounts and merchant bankruptcy cases
- Close and deactivate merchants that are in violation of their merchant agreements.
- Assist team in maintaining and monitoring the portfolio to identify suspicious merchant activity and mitigate fraudulent behavior and charges
- Actively monitor account base for compliance including, but not limited to: excessive charge backs, MATCH, documentation and PCI compliance
- Validate any unusual transactions via invoice requests and/or contacting the card issuing bank.
- Undertake appropriate investigative efforts to help detect known fraud and risk trends, including high-value and suspicious transactions; Assess fraud and credit risk exposure
- Monitor average ticket/volume, chargeback ratios, authorizations and refunds
- Speak directly to merchants in regards to risk restrictions and account decisions, resolve and deescalate customer inquiries on merchant accounts
- Provide analytical feedback for underwriting, customer support, and sales departments
We are looking for someone with:
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a risk environment, direct experience in card-not-present credit card processing required
- Direct experience with Global Payments credit/risk/underwriting systems, including Risknet, MAS, GAA, MGP, considered a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience reviewing and analyzing individual and company financial data
- Client/Customer communication expertise including working with escalated inquiries on risk decisions
- Team-oriented mind set. You should have a willingness to work with all levels of staff & customers (not exclusively high level applicants) with a positive attitude
- Bachelors degree in finance, economics, accounting, or related field. Extensive payments industry and risk management experience may be considered in lieu of education.
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress and Beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Dry Cleaning
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings