Senior Data Analyst
ShipStation is an Austin-based software company that has experienced tremendous growth in the past years. We help thousands of customers who sell online using Amazon, eBay, Magento, Volusion, BigCommerce, Shopify, Etsy, and over 45 other online marketplaces. Our web-based shipping applications streamline the order fulfillment process for anyone selling on the Internet.
ShipStation is on a mission to make every seller, wherever they sell and however they ship, exceptionally efficient at fulfilling orders. We are looking for insanely talented people who want to jump in and roll up their sleeves with us to make it happen. By furthering your career at ShipStation, you'll enjoy the challenging work as well as the especially stellar benefits.
As a Senior Data Analyst at ShipStation, your mission is to provide insights to our teams that enable fast and accurate business decisions, build a data driven culture to empower our teams to uncover data insights on their own, and develop novel ways of looking at and understanding our data.
- Empower the team with data: you will work with all departments and teams to bring data to their fingertips.
- Work with the Data platform team and business stakeholders to extract and segment data, and develop autonomy over time to help define and create reports.
- Work across teams to ensure your analysis have a meaningful impact on overall strategy.
- Be the voice of data within the organization. Ensure there is strong analytics input into the evaluation and prioritization of new opportunities.
- Find creative and insightful ways to publish and promote how we're performing in business critical activities.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor's degree, preferred degrees: Business, Marketing, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or comparable fields
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- 5+ years experience in relational database concepts with an expert knowledge of SQL
- 3+ years experience with reporting tools, such as Tableau, Looker, or DOMO
- 2+ years experience translating contracts into reporting requirements
- Experience with at least one modern programming language such as Python, a plus
- Experience applying advanced analytics (statistical modeling and methods) in a business environment major plus
- Demonstrates ability to think big and produce innovative and simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Strong track record of learning new tools, technologies, and frameworks
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Take initiative to ask the right questions, then answering them with sound data and analysis
- Full health, dental, vision insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase and 401k plans
- Flexible vacation and paid holidays
- Top of the line workstation or laptop of your choosing
- Monthly team building events (think team happy hours, crawfish boils, and volunteer events)
- Unlimited drinks and snacks of your choice + Beer Fridays!
- Weekly catered lunches (with healthy options too!)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled