Senior Data Engineer
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you have the opportunity to create something exceptional, build something sustainable and make a real impact. We are built for the wild.
The Data Warehouse Senior Developer will be part of a team that designs, and develops YETI’s enterprise Data Warehouse and Analytic systems. This position offers an extremely rare and unique opportunity to join a highly profitable, fast growing business.
Our needs are diverse and it is a certain that we will build and deploy software on varying platforms including but not limited to: Azure SQL Data Warehouse, SSAS, SSRS, Azure HD Insight, and Tableau. While this position specifically seeks a Senior Developer, who will focus on implementing solutions in Azure SQL Data warehouse, SSAS, and Hive, we strongly prefer candidates with a diversity of experience capable of working across more than one area.
A look at your day-to-day
This role requires a blend of skills normally found in the specialized roles of Business Analyst, Data Modeler, Data Analyst, and DBA. Additionally, an understanding of dynamic environments, agile development, and how to balance the need to maintain operations versus the need to build things the right way is an absolute must.
- Work with business customers and data analysts to define detailed requirements from broader business challenges.
- Translate those requirements to logical and physical models that satisfy analytical needs.
- Develop and implement physical database designs with an emphasis on usability. The scope of designs will include staging layers, integration layers, and presentation layers.
- Perform data profiling and analysis to assess data quality patterns, recommend data cleansing rules, conforming data standard rules and matching algorithms.
- Own the system architecture and infrastructure of our Azure SQL Data warehouse, HD Insight, SSAS, and other related Azure services.
- Configure and maintain Azure services, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, cost effectiveness and security.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and manage change though the production environment.
- Assist ETL and BI developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
Now for a little bit about you….
- 7 years experience in the development of data warehouse, decision support, or executive information systems
- Strong analytics background
- Must have good understanding of Dimensional Modeling and ER-Modeling
- Experience designing and implementing cubes – ROLAP, MOLAP and HOLAP
- Experience with the BI / DW lifecycle components including source data analysis, ETL, ODS, Data Marts, Reporting, Dashboards, Analytics
- Hands-on database design and SQL development, testing, performance tuning, etc.
- Hands-on experience in provisioning database environments and proactive management of database environments (backups, archiving, recovery, capacity planning, job scheduling…) either specifically in an Azure or an AWS environment
- Strong experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Strong problem-solving ability and a positive attitude
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- Competitive PTO program PLUS Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 5 additional days after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Benefits coverage (health, dental, vision, etc) and 401K
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.