Senior Database Administrator - SQL Server
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role:
The Senior DBA position requires knowledge and skills to manage the operations, services, and infrastructure needed to achieve the highest service levels (e.g., 7x24 availability, performance, etc.) and consequent high customer satisfaction. You will be expected to resolve and help guide resolution of multiple complex problems in a rapidly growing organization across multiple development and support teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide guidance and support working with the 24x7 database administration team for all SQL Server production databases, services, and infrastructure, both in house and cloud resident. The team also supports development and quality testing environments as needed.
- Conduct systematic performance tuning (i.e., server, database and query performance tuning, database-related component tuning, and product-specific database request tuning).
- Assist in development, efficiency improvements and implementation of database policies and procedures for data security and integrity. Maintain environment metadata reporting frameworks and identify trends within the environment to further increase efficiency.
- Provide architectural review and recommendations for new processes, applications and products requiring database integration and/or ETL. Drive the team to provide appropriate solutions, not simple short-term fixes to escalated issues.
- Administer and maintain production and test databases ensuring high availability and recoverability standards.
- Contribute to disaster recovery and business continuity plans and exercises.
- Ensure efficiency improvements and changes to operations processes are implemented. Automate everything possible for environment-wide consistency.
- Ability to work with and assist software application development groups to provide database setup, configuration, optimization, and modification support.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline, or equivalent experience required.
- 7+ years heavy database administration experience and production support in large, complex environments.
- Proven extensive experience with MS SQL Server and a passion to learn required.
- Working experience with scripting tools such as Powershell, batch, and T-SQL.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills including: leadership; initiative; attention to detail; and decisive decision making skills
- Ability to work flexible hours as required by business priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and customer service.
- Advanced analytical and creative skills and demonstrate resourcefulness in problem solving and optimization of design.
- Ability to communicate information and issues clearly and succinctly with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Self-manage work and complete systems and database related projects independently, on a team, and while leading a team.
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.