Software Engineer - ML Integration
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity that is cognitive computing. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and the workplace. CognitiveScale is looking for talent to drive market success by building cognitive business solutions.
Our team integrates ML and NLP expertise with enterprise software to deliver innovative ML/AI solutions. This position is specifically for candidates with engineering expertise who can work hand in hand with machine learning experts to develop production-ready ML solutions for our product and customer engagement projects. Efforts will include building small and large data processing pipelines, integrating and even implementing ML algorithms under the guidance of ML experts, and building supporting tooling for ML experimentation.
We are looking for a person who:
- Has a passion for designing and developing elegant software solutions within time constraints in an agile environment
- Recognizes opportunities for enhancing application performance through the use of vectorization, parallelization, pipelining, and query optimization
- Identifies and improves application bottlenecks by interpreting performance profiling reports
- Has strong collaborative skills coupled with the ability to question
- Enjoys sharing knowledge and growing the capabilities of the team and organization
- Has a passion for learning
What you’ll do everyday:
- Create production-ready applications from a combination of data scientist-authored prototypes and customer requirements
- Build robust data pipelines for ML model training in high-scale production and ML Research Scientist experimentation scenarios
- Actively participate in experimenting and refining team development process
- Plan and execute in an incremental and iterative software development process
- Provide mentorship to teammates and find opportunities to share knowledge
- Shape and embrace team values and commitments
What you need to bring to the table:
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong expertise with Python
- Experience with or exposure to Numpy and Pandas
- Experience designing and developing distributed software systems
- Experience working with relational, NoSQL, or Graph databases
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration
- Experience with performance tuning, scaling, load balancing, and automation especially in distributed and cloud environments
- A passion for learning and continuously honing your craft
What else will help:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Computer Science, Math, or Engineering major is preferable.
- Hands-on experience in multi-cloud environments (Azure, GCP, or AWS)
- Experience with functional programming paradigm and languages
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
CognitiveScale is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please: no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CognitiveScale via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CognitiveScale. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CognitiveScale as a result of the referral or through other means.