Sr. Business Analyst (Business Intelligence)
About Main Street Hub:
Main Street Hub is the marketing platform for local businesses. Utilizing our proprietary technology, we integrate social media, customer reviews, and email marketing to help local businesses get more customers and keep them coming back, while saving them valuable time.
Backed by leading investors, Main Street Hub was founded in 2010 and has more than 600 team members in Austin, Texas. We serve 10,000 local business customers across the country and have published more than 10 million messages on social media and review sites on their behalf.
Main Street Hub has been named one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine, one of the Best Places to Work in Austin by the Austin Business Journal, and a Top Workplace by the Austin American-Statesman.
For more information about Main Street Hub visit our site: http://www.mainstreethub.com and stay in touch Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. For tips, tricks, and insights on the latest trends in social media marketing for small businesses, visit our blog.
What is the opportunity?
We are looking for a savvy individual who is part analyst, part data expert, and part strategic business partner. If you enjoy using data to answer key business questions, while building systems that scale and enable both business owners and fellow analysts, this may be the job for you! Your goal as a Senior Business Analyst will be to use your unique skill set to create leverage through repeatable reporting and analytics that can be used by the entire organization.
Here’s a sampling of what you’ll tackle in this role:
- Build Data Sets and Dashboards that Fulfill Real Company Needs: Consult with fellow analysts and leaders in sales, marketing, and customer operations to define data needs, and build/validate shared Tableau data sets that meet needs. Build out initial dashboards to prime the pump and minimize time to value.
- Gather Insights from Data: Use data to tell a story. Routinely analyze operational data, share insights, and make recommendations for additional KPIs.
- Become a Thought Leader: Be the subject matter expert on the BI team for all things related to data infrastructure, data governance, SQL skills, and smart Tableau buildout. Uplevel the team by guiding us through particularly complex report building or data modeling problems.
- Influence Business Intelligence Roadmap: Consolidate input from analysts and business owners across the company to make recommendations on next areas of engineering investment. Roadmap could include additional Tableau data sets, enhancements to existing PostgreSQL reporting database, or integration of entirely new data sources.
- Maintain Partnerships: Maintain relationships with product management, engineering, and customer facing groups. Work closely with these groups to define requirements, project manage initiatives, and troubleshoot problems with existing data ecosystem.
- Represent BI in Future Data Integration/Migration Activities: Work with Godaddy and Main Street Hub engineering teams to define prioritization and timing of future migration to GDDY data infrastructure. Implement integration/migration as needed.
- Ad hoc Modeling/Analysis: We are all analysts at heart. We pride ourselves in our flexibility and are able to dive in to tackle urgent modeling and analysis needs. In addition to building out our reporting infrastructure. You will have ample opportunity to solve one-off analysis problems through models and visualizations.
What will it take to succeed?
- 5+ years of experience as a business analyst, data analyst, or in a similar data-focused capacity
- Advanced Excel and SQL skills
- Experience with business intelligence software, particularly Tableau
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving acumen
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience consulting with business owners to identify reporting needs and translate needs to automated, scalable systems
- Highly motivated self-starter able to take ownership of analysis projects from start to finish
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Project management skills
- Enthusiasm for local businesses and a fit with Main Street Hub values
- Bonus points for:
- Exposure to CRM (Salesforce.com preferred) and other business systems
- Experience with local or SMB recurring revenue model
Why is it exciting?
- You will work with leaders around the organization to define and build out our reporting infrastructure. We have taken steps to decrease our reliance on Excel, but you will be a driving force in taking us to the next level of driving automated insights and analysis deeper in the organization.
- This role will report directly to the VP Finance, with close relationships to both customer facing and product teams. You’ll collaborate with executives to instrument and analyze the engine of the company.
What are the benefits and perks?
- Mission-driven, values-based culture.
- 15 days paid time off, plus company holidays.
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision option.
- Fun, casual, urban office environment.