Sr. Business Analyst, Business Intelligence
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
What is the opportunity?
We are looking for a savvy individual who is part analyst, part data expert, and part strategic business partner. If you enjoy using data to answer key business questions, while building systems that scale and enable both business owners and fellow analysts, this may be the job for you! Your goal as a Senior Business Analyst will be to use your unique skill set to create leverage through repeatable reporting and analytics that can be used by the entire organization.
Here’s a sampling of what you’ll tackle in this role:
- Build Data Sets and Dashboards that Fulfill Real Company Needs: Consult with fellow analysts and leaders in sales, marketing, and customer operations to define data needs, and build/validate shared Tableau data sets that meet needs. Build out initial dashboards to prime the pump and minimize time to value.
- Gather Insights from Data: Use data to tell a story. Routinely analyze operational data, share insights, and make recommendations for additional KPIs.
- Become a Thought Leader: Be the subject matter expert on the BI team for all things related to data infrastructure, data governance, SQL skills, and smart Tableau buildout. Uplevel the team by guiding us through particularly complex report building or data modeling problems.
- Influence Business Intelligence Roadmap: Consolidate input from analysts and business owners across the company to make recommendations on next areas of engineering investment. Roadmap could include additional Tableau data sets, enhancements to existing PostgreSQL reporting database, or integration of entirely new data sources.
- Maintain Partnerships: Maintain relationships with product management, engineering, and customer facing groups. Work closely with these groups to define requirements, project manage initiatives, and troubleshoot problems with existing data ecosystem.
- Represent BI in Future Data Integration/Migration Activities: Work with Godaddy engineering teams to define prioritization and timing of future migration to GDDY data infrastructure. Implement integration/migration as needed.
- Ad hoc Modeling/Analysis: We are all analysts at heart. We pride ourselves in our flexibility and are able to dive in to tackle urgent modeling and analysis needs. In addition to building out our reporting infrastructure. You will have ample opportunity to solve one-off analysis problems through models and visualizations.
What will it take to succeed?
- 5+ years of experience as a business analyst, data analyst, or in a similar data-focused capacity
- Advanced Excel and SQL skills
- Experience with business intelligence software, particularly Tableau
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving acumen
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience consulting with business owners to identify reporting needs and translate needs to automated, scalable systems
- Highly motivated self-starter able to take ownership of analysis projects from start to finish
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Project management skills
- Enthusiasm for local businesses and a fit with GoDaddy values
- Bonus points for:
- Exposure to CRM (Salesforce.com preferred) and other business systems
- Experience with local or SMB recurring revenue model
Why is it exciting?
- You will work with leaders around the organization to define and build out our reporting infrastructure. We have taken steps to decrease our reliance on Excel, but you will be a driving force in taking us to the next level of driving automated insights and analysis deeper in the organization.
- This role will report directly to the VP Finance, with close relationships to both customer facing and product teams. You’ll collaborate with executives to instrument and analyze the engine of the company.
What are the benefits and perks?
- Mission-driven, values-based culture.
- Unlimited paid time off, plus company holidays.
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision option.
- 401(k) match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.